Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image UDF on Marketing Documents for Signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using SAP B1 2007A (PL48) with B1DE 1.4

SCENARIO:

For certain Marketing Document Forms (AR Invoice, Sales Order etc) , I need to capture a physical signature via an ePad and save the resulting jpeg with the Marketing Document.

I've created a UDF on the Marketing Documents Title of type Image.

I've added a button to the form (for example AR Invoice) which lets the user capture a signature and saves it to a file.

QUESTION:

How can I programatically load the saved jpg file to the Image UDF?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, because you are doing this on a system form it isn't easy. The PictureBox control is what you need to set the picture but I gave it a quick test and although I can create an instance of the PictureBox control and set it to an image UDF field, any value I set to the Picture property is not saved to the UDF.

An alternative approach:

1) Create a separate UDT. In this table you'll need columns for DocType and DocEntry (so you can link a record back to a marketing document) and an Image UDF.

2) Create a simple form that just has a PictureBox control on it. Bind the control to the image UDF on your table.

3) Add a button (in the form load event) to each of the marketing documents that need a signature.

4) Trap the event of the user clicking on the button in the marketing document form and open your new form. Use conditions in the DBDataSource to show the correct signature image.

To import the scanned image you'll need to do the following:

1) Copy the image file to the Pictures folder (as set in the General Settings path tab).

2) Add an entry to the UDT for the correct document type and entry. For the image UDF you should set just the image file name and not the full path.

Hope that all makes sense!

Kind Regards,

Owen