cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 System to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I gotta scenario of transferring data between R/3 System and File. File is the receiver and it's not synchronous. Which should I opt for, IDoc or RFC or Proxy as adapter for the R/3 System ? When do we opt proxy instead of RFC or IDoc ? Do we use RFC for asynchronous situation ? And if I use RFC for Asynchronous situation will it work ?

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

It all depends upon your business requirement of that interface. If you are going to have standard orders then you can have idoc or if you are going to have purchase order create/ change etc then you can use bapi. If you are going to write everything from scratch you can use proxy.

Also if you need to do customization for an exisitng idoc then you can use the idoc adapter. So please validate your business requirements. You can use either of use.

> Do we use RFC for asynchronous situation ? And if I use RFC for Asynchronous situation will it work ?

Yes it will work.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish

You said about using BAPI. BAPI means RFC Adapter, right ?

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Radhika,

Technically in sap ther is a difference between those two. Please check this link for what it is:

But you will use rfc adapter only for this integration.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't RFC take more resources compared to Idoc. So why use RFC instead of Idoc ? Can anyone tell me a situation in which you can use ONLY RFC as sender adapter. I am talking about a RFC to File scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Difference b/w RFC and IDoc

> Doesn't RFC take more resources compared to Idoc. So why use RFC instead of Idoc ?

No, there is some limitaion for the Idoc so better to use RFC instead of Idoc.

If we want to connect to the R/3 from an external system then it will possible through RFC only.

we can use the RFC to File scenario. if RFC at sender side then we have to write the SE38 program and use this below code to call.

call function in update/background task.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

> I gotta scenario of transferring data between R/3 System and File. File is the receiver and it's not synchronous. Which should I opt for, IDoc or RFC or Proxy as adapter for the R/3 System ? When do we opt proxy instead of RFC or IDoc ?

Based on the requirement we can select either RFC/IDoc or proxy. if our requirement is suited to standard RFC then we can use the RFC and if our requirement is suited to any IDoc then we will preffer Idoc or we will go for the proxy communication.

> Do we use RFC for asynchronous situation ? And if I use RFC for Asynchronous situation will it work ?

Yes we can use the RFC for asynchronous also.

If RFC at sender side of PI

Then we have to write the SE38 program and use this below code to call

call function in update/background task.

If RFC at receiver side of PI

Then change the Quality of service from Best effort to exactly once

Yes BAPI means RFC.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have

1. Custom fields then go ahead with ABAP Proxy

2. Standard fields then any of RFC or IDoc