cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to register with the CMS <server name>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving the about error message in Event Viewer regarding our Crystal Server.

The exact message says: Failed to register with the CMS <our server name>. Please make sure the CMS is up and running. Attempting an automatic retry...

Or another message in Event Viewer "Cannot connect to name server <our server name> (Transport error: unable to retrieve the CMS factory.)

I have looked at the Service for Crystal Reports and everything appears to be in Started mode.

I do have the development version of Crystal Reports installed and reports can run fine from there. All users are coming to this one station to run their reports. The normal connection mode is through a Internet Explorer icon with the link as follows:

http://<our server name>:8080/businessobjects/enterprise11/desktoplaunch/InfoView/logon/logon.do

This link is not working any longer!!!

So what has changed on the system that had been running fine for over a year? This I am not too sure. I did install some Microsoft Server updates over the weekend and rebooted the server. Then Crystal stopped working. This is a Windows Server 2003 server, SQL Server 2000.

Thanks for your assistance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moving to Business Object Admin forum