cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure Earlywatch for JAVA by using diagnostics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured Diagnostics and Interscope agent on the solution manager and managed system(Enterprise portal JAVA System)

Now I have to configure earlywatch report for my JAVA system.

I have referred to the guide for EWA attached with the SAP note.There they have mentioned to go to path :

navigate to Diagnostics Administration -> Managed Systems -> Scheduler.

But I dont have this in my SMD administration.I only have diagnostics administration->Managed systems and then setup wizard,results,database monitoring and Interscope agent

But I dont have scheduler there??Any ideas

Or is there any otherway to configure EWA for JAVA in Solution manager EHP1

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephan_prat
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The document is valid up to EhP1 (excluded). Starting with EhP1, the data is collected via extractors and stored in BI. The Scheduler is not used any more.

Regards,

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

so how to configure this earlywatch report

Thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

That EWA tabs are no more needed and is not avaialble form EHP1.

You have to just Schedule a EWA session for the JAVA component in your solution and wait for the Session to get Processed and complete.

The Data is fetched form Diagnostics of Solution manager and BI.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan,

One more confusion....while running diagnostics agent setup,I didnt select BI

Is BI really needed?

because I dont want to touvh my BI system

but if it is needed what should I do

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I have scheduled the EWA session from the solution

After some time it turned red saying that dates for session are overdue.Also it was written there:

he data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated satellite system.

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the satellite system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Session number: 2000000000128

why it is trying to call SDCCN in satellite system since my system is a oure JAVA system

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Diganostics Configuration without a BI system/Client?...

It should be in Client 001 of your Solution manager system.

Did you performed the steps like: "ACTIVATE BI CONTENT". "Diagnostics Configuration"- Where you give the backend BI Client.as a part of basic Configurations on solution manager?. Those steps should be performed.

BI Is indeed needed because most of the reporting is based on the BI content.

BI Client need not be a External system - It can be Client 001 of solution manager.( BI Content is Delivered with Client 001 and is default client). If needed, you can use a dedicated client for BI in an external system.

And on EWA for JAVA, Can you get the Reports for JAVA in the E2E analysis Tabs?.

Check the SMSY settings : Pure JAVA system should contain JAVA component alone and no ABAP component should be marked relevant.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

please anyone correct me if I am wrong but I think you even have to have the BI inside SolMan and can NOT connect an external BI for E2E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nesimi,

you can have an external BI sytem to help you with reporting for Diagnostics, need not be 001 client in solman. You have an option to configure it in Diagnostics.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan

I do remember reading at some point that there were limitations once you use an external BI thus you should use the internal BI for SMD but I cannot find the SAP Note atm

regards

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Many thanks...activating BI content should have no impact on Solution manager functionalities?Am I right

Also is it better to use 001 or another client in solution manager for BI stuff?

Also where does this E2E anaylsis tabs are present in solution manager?I can't see them anywhere

Also I have checked SMSY and only only Portal as the main instance has been checked mark in the definition of system

Thanks

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Bi Content for any other purpose in Solman? if not you can go ahead with the 001 or any other client in solman. In that case you should make that particular client as BI client after the client copy. Client copy should be done as per the standard procedure(master data of 000 and user master of 001).

Just Activating the content should have no impact.

I assume you have already configured Diagnostics-Managed sytem setup for JAVA system-.Right?...thats a pre-requisite.

I was refering to the End to End Anslysis Tabs in Workcenter-Root Cause analysis.

SMSY is ok in that case.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 16, 2009 7:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nesimi,

Please let me know the note, so that i can correct myself.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagan,

Thanks....just one more query,yesterday I have created a session for earlywatch report for JAVA system.

Today the report got generated.In that I was able to see J2EE configuration data and hardwar configuration but no performance data was available.it was written there :

2.1 Java Application Performance

No performance data was found.

Recommendation:

Check whether data is displayed for this system in application 'Workload Analysis', which can be found in the 'Root Cause Analysis' work center under 'End To End Analysis'. If the data is not available here, open a message on component SV-SMG-DIA.

If data can be displayed in the Workload Analysis but is missing here, open a message on SV-SMG-SER.

The requirements for the 'Workload Analysis' are:

- Setup of Diagnostics including BI

- Setup wizard for this system has been executed successfully

- Agents have been set up and are running

- Periodic extractors are running successfully

Is it that I have not activated the BI infocubes in 001 client that I am getting this error ?

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Its Tacit, Your workload analysis is not configured or there are some problem with diagnostics. Please confirm again, whether you have configured diagnostics?. and check the analysis graphs. You have to have BI content for this.

When i calll diagnostics ,I mean the entire Root Cause analysis setup.- Managed system setup should be through. other wise there is no meaning to look for EWA data. I'm sure this has to be with the Configurations for Diagnostics.

Complete the setup and it should be through.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan

I have set up everything..interscope agent has also been setup successfully

only thing missing is diagnostics config with BI

When I run the self diagnostics test,it gives me error saying you need to activate the BI infocubes which i will be doing now and then let u know

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

Without Bi activation and setup involving the BI, the diagnostics is not still through. This Ideally means that you have not configured Diagnostics properly.

Please have a look at end user guides on http://service.sap.com/diagnostics and check whether you are able to do the all the activities mentioned there under workload analysis, Change analysis, exception analysis and Trace Analysis.

Also refer to the link

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000806242007E/Check_Procedure_for_E2E_13.pdf

to check the configurations.

revert for any issues.

Good luck!!!.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan

1. The managing system and managed system checks are running fine.All are in green status.Interscope also has been set up properly

I configured 001 in solman for BI,I ran T-code CCMSBISETUP to activate the infocubes in 001 client

Now the issues are :

1. When I run diagnostic self-test,it is saying some more infocubes to be activated

they all start with 0SMD_PE2H and so on,it is saying 18 more infocubes to be activated,I have no idea how to do this

2. When I go to E2E trace anaylysis tab in solution manager diagnostics and click on it,it says :

Could not find any technical system of type SAP J2EE Engine or ABAP. For this reason some functions are disabled.

Now where I add this system...

Please help

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This Note can help you.

1342231 ST: Manual actvtn. of BI Content for E2E diagnostics SP18-22

-Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagan,

I was able to activate all the infocubes sucessfully in 001 client and was able to run CCMSBISETUP successfully.

Now when I run diagnostics self check,I get the follwoing errors:

1. BI Setup check 'AUTH' failed - Reason: ;Authorization check failed: S_RZL_ADM;Authorization check failed: S_RS_TR;Authorization check failed: S_RS_DTP;Authorization check failed: S_RS_DS;Authorization check failed: S_BDS_DS;Authorization check failed: S_BTCH_NAM;Authorization check failed: S_CTS_ADMI;Authorization check failed: S_DEVELOP;Authorization check failed: S_RS_ADMWB;Authorization check failed: S_RS_ICUBE;Authorization check failed: S_RS_ISOUR;Authorization check failed: S_RS_MPRO;Authorization check failed: S_RS_ODSO;Authorization check failed: S_RS_PC;Authorization check failed: S_RS_IOMAD;Note: Role SAP_BW_CCMS_SETUP contains all required authorizations.. The CCMSBISETUP job was not completed successfully. Please run CCMSBISETUP again from the transaction solman_admin and/or adjust the corresponding BI objects in RSA1 if necessary.

2. The ABAP client and the UME client are not the same. The ABAP client is the '200' and the UME client is the '001'

But When I go to E2E trace anaylysis tab in solution manager diagnostics and click on it,it says :

Could not find any technical system of type SAP J2EE Engine or ABAP. For this reason some functions are disabled.

Now where I add this system

Please help

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

can anyone please advise me: is BI setup compulsory in solution manager?

my current solution manager do not have any BI client, or connect to other external BI system, but I did install & configure for SMD & Wily.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Lee

Are you able to generate Earlywatch report or monitor your JAVA system without configuring BI

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

yes, I managed to generate EWA report, but with limited information. maybe this is the reason, without BI

I've only :

1. service Summary

2. Java Performance Data

any advice for me? I am new in this EWA.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

I'm completely lost now..:-(.

Clients are different, hw can it be?.. Are you configuring the Diagostics in your productive client?. activation of BI content should be followed by integrating the Bi client to the production client where you do the configuration.

Possibly you can list down all steps for diagnostics installation that you have done one by one, so that we can help you out.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagan

Even I am completely lost

These are the steps that I have followed:

1. Installed Diagnostics and Interscope agent on my managed system Portal(JAVA)

2. Run the diagnsotics system set up(Diagnotics agent has also connected successfully)

3. Install BI content on 001 client of solution manager

4. Run the managed system set up

5. Run the Interscope agent setup(It shows green and has connected properly)

I have even started to see some of the data but not all

While i run the diagnostics system set up check for managed system,I get the following errors:

1. The diagnostics agent that contains the Interscope adopter cannot be reached

2. No Interscope bytecode agent was found this instance

This is all confusing me....there is no way I can send the screenshots..otherwise I would have showed you

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rohit,

here are the findings:

1)you have to run managing setup again in solman- this should come after BI activation

2) Wily enterprise manager is not recognized by solman diagnostics

3) Byte code agent is for java and it should be deployed in solman too- SDM

I would recommed you to run these:

1) Call txn solman_setup.

2) Run initial and basic configuration in the sequence.

That should really help you.

(it would be better if you can post you mail id ).

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Byte code agent needs to be deployed on Solution manager?

where to find this agent......also I dont see any guide telling this

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

JAVA Byte code agent is the IS agent.

Please refer to note 797147 for the exact path.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.....

We have the followoing IS Agent on our solution manager

ISAGENT 8.1 SP0 (8.1.0.0.20090605095817)

Rohit

Answers (0)