cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Inspection lot manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have to record results for 'Good receipts from Production , with out taking the material into inspection stock .

The result recording will be done against manually created lot no . In a lot no there may be max three SAMPLE NO(of finished product) . I have to record results (in QE11) for each SAMPLE NO of inspection lot .

When I am going to use the TCODE :QA01 one error message come into statubar -" You cannot enter a material for the specified origin " .

Please tell me what are the configaration changes to be made or what changes should be done in transaction level .

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

Pavan

as Message suggest

There are some origins for which you cannot enter a material number when you manually create an inspection lot.

For example, when an inspection is carried out with a production order, the material identifier comes from the production order.

So proceed without entering the Material Number.

Press Enter

You will get screen where Qty & Order in Mandetory( this happen to both 03 & 04 Inspection lot origin).

Here order is nothing but the Production oerder.

now problem is that to reach to this level you have to create a Production order.

What you can do only create & release the Prod Order.Do Not Confirm it.

this will only create 03 inspection lot(if active) & then you can go for 04 manually.

After manual RR & DR you can confirm the order & make GR,,,then material come to stock.

Regards'

Sujit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are creating Manual Inspection lot of Origin 04 you need to just enter plant and inspection lot origin and when you go inside the screen you can enter the order number for which you need the lot to be created.It will take the material number associated with the order.

Another way of doing it is create an inspection Origin copying from 89 and call it Production inspection and you will be able to create Manual inspection lots

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan

Instead of creating a manual inspection lot you can set up the automatic creation of inspection lot itself. What you can do is you can remove the tick of Post to Inspection stock so that the stock directly goes to the Unrestricted but the lot gets created everytime the GR is done. By doing this system will not stop any further process based on quality stock and you will get inspection lot to enter your results.

If you need more information on this please let me know