cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing incorrectly maintained Message no. SE729 - ML81n

Former Member

Dear All,

During the SES in ML81n, i am getting this message as *Customizing incorrectly maintained

Message no. SE729*. I gone thro' all the related threads in sdn & the customizing is correct only, even i checked the SAP note # 1067124 also, But still my problem is solved.

I have chkd the path spro >> mm >> External Services Management >> Source Determination and Default Values >.for Client

Here i have maintained UOM as AU only & same is defaulting in PO also.

Pls let me know what might be the reason ?

regds,

CB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Check

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor

Hi,

Use T.code: ML91 and maintain Unit of measure at item level ( default values as AU )and save.

Now try ur transaction.

Regards,

Biju K

Edited by: Bijay Kumar Barik on Sep 15, 2009 2:55 PM

thesitumishra
0 Kudos

thank you sir.. it resolved my error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background Info:

Our company just upgrade ECC 6.0 and we encountered a similar problem as described in the prior threads. I just want to share this with others who may have come across similar issue and are scratching their heads on how to go about solving this. This resolution works for us but I can't guarantee it would work for all. At least it's one of many solutions out there. Here goes...

Problem Description:

After SAP upgrade, user encounters the message "Customizing incorrectly maintained" whenever he/she executes the transaction ML81N. This message appears multiple times within the transaction. Additionally, the GR document number will not be displayed at the completion of service entry (which was there prior to the upgrade). This doesn't prevent users from entering service entry sheets. The document number can still be obtained from its corresponding PO.

The Solution:

Maintain table T162V to match the number of items and sequence as shown in the "Control View" of the grid inside transaction ML81N. The same items and sequences should be applied to all layouts in table T162V (there were 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 at the time of this our upgrade). This modification will affect all clients within the system (i.e., cross client change). After applying this, the message disappeared and the document numbers were starting to show once again.

Hope this may help some of us system supporters out there.

Kanes

john_white3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

To see the information in the TC_VIEW, go to ML81N, then click the icon in the upper right hand corner of the table grid.

A pop-up window will open - then click the administrator button. The values in the TC_VIEW will then display.

I copied these values to Excel (Ctrl-Y, Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V), and also downloaded the values from the T162V table into the same Excel document. I used V-lookup in Excel to compare the values in both tables. In some cases, I had to add values to T162V, in other cases, I deleted them.

You must compare against every Varient.

Note that this is transportable configuration.

Also, we did not change anything in this program (no varients in our golden client), so I'm not sure why SAP cannot fix this with an OSS note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for the help with fixing this in our system. Just wanting to let you all know that OSS 1382685 refers to this problem.

anand_wadavane
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI CB,

im encountering the same error/message right now. may i know how you were able to solve this issue? thanks!

regards,

marvin

mauro_bianchi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

Normally error occurs after an upgrade...

The variants maintained before and after upgrade could be different.

Since different customers maintain different number of entries for

each variant, it would not be possible to release a standard note to

all customers to fix this. Moreover this cannot be fixed using a notes

assistant, the changes have to be done manually.

The entries in the Table 'T162V'(for each of the 6 variants)

should always be the same as that of the columns in the table

control(TC_View).

Table Control(Screen) Screen 400 SAPLMSP(TC for services ).

Below is the standard logic to verify if the customising is correct.

• Determine number of lines in customizing tables

describe table t162v_tab lines lv_t162vlines.

• Determine number of columns in table control

describe table tc_view-cols lines lv_tclines.

lv_tclines = 6 * lv_tclines.

Here 6 signifies the 6 variants for the TC.

if lv_t162vlines ne lv_tclines.

message s729.

endif.

Please make sure that the entries maintained in T162V is same

as the columns maintained in the TC.

For this case, you can use SM31 transaction to maintain same

number of entries in the T162V as in Table Control.

So the most important is that you have the same number of entries

in lv_t162vlines and in lv_tclines in one system.

Hope this help

Regards,

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

2Mauro Bianchi:

Help plz.

Where I can look the table control (TC_View) ?

You have written "...Table Control(Screen) Screen 400 SAPLMSP (TC for services)...".

I dont understand - by means of what transaction to look table control?