cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application without authorization pop up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got a requirement like i need to open a portal without authorisation. For example , there is a link to open a particular webdynpro application and if u open the link it should not ask for username password. In case the password is expired or u dont remember the password there can be a option of resetting the password through a reset button in the screen. It is as simple as there should not be any username password pop up when i open the webdynpro application in an IE.

Thanks in Advance ,

Sakthi priya M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sakthi,

The application if it is triggered from an logged in R/3 system, it will not ask fo the password. Secondly if it is called from a portal, then the portal logon screen authenticates your user.(This can be turned off by removing the particular user password in the user administration role in portal). Even after logging in to the portal if it asks for the password, then you have a problem with the system alias configuration. Hope this helps

Regards

Senon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senon,

Is there any way to provide forgot password option instead of turning off the particular user's password from the user master administration so that the user should create new password himself by providing some key information for his identification.

I have seen one option in SICF ->Defaulthost->sap->bc->webdynpro->sap.here we can double click on any one of our components created.It's respective service will be opened then.Then go to error pages tab->configuration button of system login raradio button->select define service specific settings->select adjust links and images button.There I have given URL of another webdynpro component in Passwordforgotten field which will have input fields for username and Email id and a validate button.On action of validate, I have checked user provided data from SAP tables. If the data provided by the user is correct, I want to give him an option to change password. If I want to use method PROCESS_PASSWD_CHANGE of class CL_ICF_SYSTEM_LOGIN,I have to provide previous password compulsory. Please provide me whether any other procedure or any classes are there to fulfill this requirement.Please give some detailed explanation.

Thanks in advance.