cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display SAPScript in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I want to display a "SAPScript" in WD ABAP as a PDF. Is this possible? If possible how?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted a question on ABAP General Forum as suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

In SAP, we don't have option to migrate the sap script directly to the adobe form.

We can migrate a script to smartform and then a smartform to adobe form.

While converting the script ->smartform->Adobe form, certain limitations are they,

Eg:. Converting a logo from the script to smartfom, problems wil be occured. Same in case of migrating smartform to the Adobe form.

So Check carefully while migrating.

if the same script output we you are displaying every time, follow the below procedure.

Lekha has sujjested some migration function modules & program. After doing that, save the PDF document in the presentation server.

1. In the Context tab create the attributes for DATA source ( any data type ), PDF source (XSTRING).

2. Declare the Adobe element ( Interactive form) in the UI container.

3. Define the binding for the DATA SOURCE & PDF SOURCE.

4. In the Template Source (Adobe Form Name )give any name & click on it, a pop up will be invokes asking for the interface giving any name, after that select form the context option (below). Save it.

5. Speifiy the layout type (ZCI ) & activates the interface by click on it .

6. In the layout tab of the form, Goto TOOLS->Import->Specify the PDF file stored in the PS. Save & activate it.

7. Coming to the WebDynpro, create an application to run the component and test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Youcan use the ADOBE forms (Interactive Form UI element) to achieve the same.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Could you please elaborate on how to use Adobe Interactive forms to display the SAPScript. I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out these standard components for the same-

WDR_TEST_ADOBE

WDR_TEST_ADOBE_PDF_ONLY

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Thanks for your reply. The standard components that you have given me are to display an already existing PDF in WD ABAP. But, my requirement is to convert a SAPScript to PDF and then display it in WD ABAP. Do you understand what I mean? Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First we need to convert sapscript to PDF using FM(CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF, CONVERT_OTF etc...) then we need to use the Interactive form.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I think the FMs "CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF" and "CONVERT_OTF" are used to convert Smartforms to PDF. But, I want SapScripts to PDF. Are they both same?

Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using FM

CONVERT_OTFSPOOLJOB_2_PDF

CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF

Program -

RSTXPDFT4

Check in ABAP general forums for the same. Please try to search in General forum.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Sep 16, 2009 11:49 AM