cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SOAP to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a SOAP to FIle scenario. One SOAP CHannle nad two File (receiver) channel.

Data comes as an attachment, and in SOAP channel we have used SWAP module to take the data from attachment and not the actual payload.

Now using the receiver file channel we are putting it in a local folder in XI.

First file channel receives teh Header records and puts in a file.

Second file channel receive Items reords and appends to the same file after the header records.

The problem is:

The data that is coming to XI is something like:

Header 1 abc 1234

Header 2 mno 3456

Item 1 ijk 0000

Item 1 lkj 0001

Item 2 lij 0002

But when we put in a file it looks like:

Header 1 abc 1234#

Header 2 mno 3456Item 1 ijk 0000#

Item 1 lkj 0001#

Item 2 lij 0002

At the end of each Header and Item records it is inserting one junk character '#'. This we can see in the file generated, but in MONI it shows fine.

Any help on this.

Thanks,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am checking in SAP Directory (AL11 transaction).

If I take the payload from Moni and check in Textpad or Notepad it does not show any junk charater. But I need to put it correctly in XI file because I need to further pick from there, then apply content conversion and send it to another receiver.

For this purpose I need tit to show the file correctly in XI.

And this # character is not only the issue. Also the first Item is appended in the same row as of last header.

Actually it should come in new line.

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure, this extra symbol and distorted order is only because of AL11 characteristic. Once you will run your end to end scenario it should work fine.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, tried this also (changing file type to text), but this also did not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah it might be the case that it is due to characteristics of AL11.

But if we have only one header and one item then it does not take any junk character. Why should it behave like this for single record?

But then second issue where first Item is appended in the same row of the Last header.

Actually it should append from the new line. Even in the case of one header and one item record we don't have junk character coming, but item gets appended in same row. We need to append in new row.

Any help on that.

Vikas

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>But then second issue where first Item is appended in the same row of the Last header.

Actually it should append from the new line. Even in the case of one header and one item record we don't have junk character coming,

It looks like appending but i think the newline character is getting removed or replaced by #. So try writing it as File type = Text and see (instead of file type = Binary)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the files channels used for taking the attachment from SOAP and putting in file I am not using any COntent COnversion.

Simple, first channel picks data and puts in a file. Second channel picks data and appends in same file.

Just used the SWAP module in those receiver File channels.

Vikas

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then try writing the file in file Type = 'TXT' mode and see whether there is any error (in communication channel) or # in the output file.

Regards

Suraj

Edited by: S.R.Suraj on Sep 15, 2009 8:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just Updating the content that is put in file (We don't have * but only the # at the end of record).

Hi,

I am working on a SOAP to FIle scenario. One SOAP CHannle nad two File (receiver) channel.

Data comes as an attachment, and in SOAP channel we have used SWAP module to take the data from attachment and not the actual payload.

Now using the receiver file channel we are putting it in a local folder in XI.

First file channel receives teh Header records and puts in a file.

Second file channel receive Items reords and appends to the same file after the header records.

The problem is:

The data that is coming to XI is something like:

Header 1 abc 1234

Header 2 mno 3456

Item 1 ijk 0000

Item 1 lkj 0001

Item 2 lij 0002

But when we put in a file it looks like:

Header 1 abc 1234#

Header 2 mno 3456Item 1 ijk 0000#

Item 1 lkj 0001#

Item 2 lij 0002

At the end of each Header and Item records it is inserting one junk character '#'. This we can see in the file generated, but in MONI it shows fine.

Any help on this.

Thanks,

Vikas

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it might depend on the file viewer application you are using.

Try in different viewers like wordpad, notepad++ , textpad etc to see if they all show the #

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using FCC in receiver channel? Can you give the parameters used there?

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be the end-seperator....Which type of content conversion you have used for the file creation...that might have failed during conversion.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where exactly you are looking your file. Are you looking in AL11?

Regards,

Sarvesh