cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we require an R/3 ECC upgrade as preparation for BI 7.0 Upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Please advise whether we need to upgrade R/3 ECC before upgrading BW 3.0 to NW2004s BI7.0? Currently the client is on R/3 version 4.7 and BW 3.0.

Which all SAP R/3 (and VAS) versions are compatible with BI 7.0?

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Mainak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mainak,

During Netweaver 2004s upgrade, the upgrade program detects what software is installed on the source release system and maps it to the SAP NetWeaver 2004s usage types. SAPJup then upgrades your system to a system with the determined usage types.

Please refer to the section '1.2.5.3 Upgrade Paths: Overview' of the Upgrade Master Guide : SAP NetWeaver 2004s to have details about the target release of the usage types which will be mapped to the components installed on the source system.

Netweaver 2004s Upgrade guides are available on SAP Service Marketplace

at http://service.sap.com/instguidesnw2004s

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Upgrade Paths: Overview' does not talk specifically about R/3 upgrade aspects. It talks about Upgrading the SAP R/3 back-end plug-in to at least version 2004.; this is an optional step.

Let me rephrase my question - If I want to upgrade BW from 3.0x to BI 7.0 then do I need to upgrade R/3 before doing this?

I understnd BW upgrade program will detect the associated R/3 version. But, will it allow to extract data out of R/3 (version 4.7) after BW upgrade without upgrading R/3??

And also, if there is any document available associated with this, please forward to: to_mainak@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mainak

Answers (0)