cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Raise and Subscribe Events in the Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings experts,

I have built a page and it contains two ivews (Raising event iview was built by using VC and the subscribing event ivew was built using BEx Web Application). As being very new to this area, I do not know where to define events. I will be using the following code to raise and subscribe event but do not know where to define.

Raise event

EPCMPROXY.raiseEvent( "urn:com.sap.vc:epcm","Filter", data, null ); - I have a dropdown box on VC application.

Subscrib Event

EPCMPROXY.subscribeEvent( "urn:com.sap.vc:epcm", "Filter", window, "myreceiveEvent"); - The BEx Web application iView

We are using EP 7.0 and on SP15. The VC iView was build using version 7.0 and the WAD iview was built using NW2004s.

Please let me know where I need to define these events.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what i understood from your question is that you want to integrate VC and WAD(Not sure) and you have a drop down box in your VC iView form which you will select a value and the selected value will be passed to the second iView for which the output needs to be restricted with the value selected in the dropdown box.

if my understanding is right, you need to write your code in the web template.

this article will help you in writing the code.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/cab252d4-0a01-0010-3984-ee345859dde6&override...

Let us know if you have some other requirement.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me on this matter as a matter of urgency.

Thanks in advance.