cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Seeburger maaping while converting XML to EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed an interface which Idoc to file. While running my scenario my Idoc is mapped to EDI Xml and in reciever communication channel when my EDI XML invokes X2E mapping it gives me below error. I have check the payload in communication channel monitoring and it does contain a value.

Here is the error. Please help

Message processing failed. Cause: Error in BICMODULE-module:Temporary error: BIC XI Adapter call failed. Reason: Error: [Error:ID=3031;LEVEL=3] Field writeField(): Mandatory Field UNB.UNZ:0020[0] not filled - replace with defaultvalue : . DESCRIPTION: Field Warning: The mandatory Field [not specified][[not specified]] is not filled - it was auto filled with the defaultvalue: [not specified].

Regards

Avanish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avanish,

Can u please sahre how you have resolved this error... I am also getting the same...

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

andriesbuter
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Avanish,

I've got also exactly the same problem.

Can you please tell us what you have done to sove this problem?

Exception caught by adapter framework: BICMODULE:Temporary error: BIC XI Adapter call failed. Reason: Error: [Error:ID=3031;LEVEL=3] Field writeField(): Mandatory Field UNB.UNZ:0020[0] not filled - replace with defaultvalue : . DESCRIPTION: Field Warning: The mandatory Field [not specified][[not specified]] is not filled - it was auto filled with the defaultvalue: [not specified].

Kind regards,

Andries

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I had the same issue and found only this old entry.

If anyone else got this error, here my solution:

My scenario should just convert EDI to EDI-XML. Therefore I read in EDI messages from file system and after Seeburger mapping I save it on file server again.

In sender file adapter I did the module configuration, but I also did it for the receiver file adapter.

That is wrong of course, because he can not convert from EDI-XML to EDI-XML.

After deleting the modules for Seeburger in receiver channel, everything works fine.

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avanishwathi,

Mandatory Field UNB.UNZ:0020[0] not filled - replace with defaultvalue 

Looks like you are working with EDIFACT one.The mandatory field UNB.UNZ:0020 might not be getting value durig run time.So do chek the availability of the proper value in the test data.As experts said test in BICmapping designer also and make sure it works there with the test data.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

My payload shows that interchange control number has a value for both the UNB/UNH header and trailer.

- <S_UNT>

<D_0074>6</D_0074>

<D_0062>101</D_0062>

</S_UNT>

</S_UNH>

- <S_UNZ>

<D_0036>1</D_0036>

<D_0020>100</D_0020>

</S_UNZ>

</S_UNB>

See the above xml (not complete xml) . I have given only UNT/UNZ trailer xml.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Are you able to get the output using the BIC mapping designer?

Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

i am working in customer connectivity and do not have access to BIC designer.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the mapping name you specified in the receiver adapter channel

is that is the EDI version what you are expecting ...

check the version might be a problem of that

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have used right mapping name with right version.

But i have another question in case of Idoc to EDI UNB/UNH header information is not provided in Idoc. So we are filling these information in mapping itself and then we are giving this XML to BIC converter to convert from XML to EDI. If my payload itself has a value for interchange control number why does seeburger BIC shows me error that "BIC XI Adapter call failed. Reason: Error: [Error:ID=3031;LEVEL=3] Field writeField(): Mandatory Field UNB.UNZ:0020[0] not filled - replace with defaultvalue "

Thanks for your help but i checked the version and mapping details and its appropriate. Kindly help me if you can think of something else.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the field length in EDI specification, it should be 1 character.

Sorry i was referring to unh-D0020

in UNZ we have used something l;ke this XXXXXXX digit numeric value and it is working . I need to check with the Functional guy

Regards

Suraj

Edited by: S.R.Suraj on Sep 15, 2009 7:51 AM