Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Prevent IFrame Re-Loading

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is some solution to this problem that I am missing.

Basically I have a Web Dynpro application that in one portion of the screen contains an IFrame that displays an external application. (Such as a search engine like google.) Whenever the user does anything on the screen that passes control back to the server, the URL in the IFrame is refreshed (and the user looses whatever they had done in that frame).

I understand that this wouldn't happen if I had two separate iViews one that was Web Dynpro and one that wasn't, but I'm not giving the full background for the need.

In a nutshell, it there a way to prevent the IFrame from refreshing its URL every time the server is called. (I realize it is the browser that is actually refreshing, but is there anything that can be done to prevent the browser from refreshing the URL in an IFrame after each trip to the server?)

Thanks for any insight,

--Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gregory,

I'm afraid it is not longer possible with Server-Side Rendering (SSR), and was achievable automatically with Client-Side Rendering (CSR).

I firmly believe WD team have to pay attention to this issue, while changes introduced for iFrame control are very noticeable between SSR & CSR rendering models.

WBR,

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are aware of this problem but we do not have a satisfactory solution yet.

Armin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Are there any news regarding this issue yet? Have you guys been able to come up with a solution?

Best regards,

Andreas