cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check during Sales Order and Inventory Adjustment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a small doubt here regarding the availability check during the sales order creation. When a sales order is placed, the availability check is performed. If the material is available, then a confirmed sales order is recorded and sales order note is placed to the customer. If the material is not available, then a transfer of requirments is passed to MM for that material. Am I clear upto this point ? Apart from this, I have another confusion, when a customer places a sales order and it is confirmed, then are the stocks from the inventory get reduced that time itself ? Or the ordered stock is moved to restricted stock and while doing the PGI in delivery the actual stock is reduced from the inventory. Please confirm. Also add your knowledge here if you feel so. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please see if the following FAQ link helps you:https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29323

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The stock will not get reduce from the inventory till PGI is done.However, with respect to the availabillity check, we can control the system to take into consideration of the open orders and open delivery.If the system considers the open order of 5 quantity and the user create a order for 5 quantity for which stock available is 5.Then the system will give as no stock available while PGI even though if the stock are avaialble.

Regards,

Nithin.