cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering IDOCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. Currently i am working on a IDOC-File Scenario. IDOC has been triggered from R/3 system but XI system doesnt recieve it?

What are the checks do we need to consider on both systems( R/3 and XI system)? If any weblog is there pls let me know?

2. On XI side if payload data in missing then how to get it? Can anyone tell me the procedure to get it?

3. What is the purpose of Heading mapping in Reciever Agreement?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Faisal.

Edited by: Abdul Faisal on Sep 15, 2009 3:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1. Currently i am working on a IDOC-File Scenario. IDOC has been triggered from R/3 system but XI system doesnt recieve it?

> What are the checks do we need to consider on both systems( R/3 and XI system)? If any weblog is there pls let me know?

Make sure you have done all configuration as mentioned in this guid..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6fba344...

Check this on How to do Monitoring on IDX5(IDOC-Xml )

/people/kamalkumar.ramakrishnan/blog/2008/02/13/monitoring-the-idoc-adapter-in-xipi-using-idx5

Check this on how to Monitor Sending Idoc Fails through XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

> 2. On XI side if payload data in missing then how to get it? Can anyone tell me the procedure to get it?

You have to monitor CC to make sure if they have picked up the data so that you can get the payload. But not in case of IDOC, coz we don't use sender CC.

> 3. What is the purpose of Heading mapping in Reciever Agreement?

Header Mapping is basically used when you require to overwrite the business system which in reality exists or does not exists in the sending or receiving system. e.g if you have used BPM lets say BPM_Receive_IDOC which send the idoc to R3, So here BPM_Receive_IDOC does not exists in your R3 system under BD54 (maintain Logical systems) so if you will not do header mapping then it will throw an error in MONI.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have changed the IDOC then reimport the metadata in IDX2. That could solve the problem. If it is new development then chck the connection as suggested in above post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm a very good link to troubleshoot Idoc scenario

As mentioned in sap help

You use a header mapping to map the values of the following key fields in the receiver agreement to other values: Sender and receiver party, sender and receiver service. The address fields (sender, receiver) in the message header are then transformed correspondingly during outbound processing.

The header mapping is important when configuring cross-company processes in which the business partners want to replace the names of their internal business systems with neutral representatives (party, business service). 

If you want to replace the internal name of a sender business system in the outbound message with a neutral name of a party and service, specify the fields for Sender Party and Sender Service in the header mapping.

for more detail refer help

Edited by: Kubra fatima on Sep 15, 2009 11:51 AM

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1. Currently i am working on a IDOC-File Scenario. IDOC has been triggered from R/3 system but XI system doesnt recieve it?

What are the checks do we need to consider on both systems( R/3 and XI system)? If any weblog is there pls let me know?

Check sm58 in SAP R3 and see whether you can see any entry there (make sure you give user as *). For XI side there wont be any check, though you can check idx5

>>2. On XI side if payload data in missing then how to get it? Can anyone tell me the procedure to get it?

Didn't get this question. Are you talking about input payload?

3. What is the purpose of Heading mapping in Reciever Agreement?

>> When you want to overwrite either of sender or received then you go for header mapping

Regards

suraj

Edited by: S.R.Suraj on Sep 15, 2009 5:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for detail reply. I am asking about input payload data

Regards

Faisal

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I am asking about input payload data

In your current scenario, if Idoc was received by XI then the XML structure would have been visible in SXMB_MONI.

else you cannot get the payload

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW, are you using Z-Idoc?? if Yes then make sure you have downloaded the metadata in XI by using Tcode IDX2 otherwise you will not get the payload.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm using extended Idoc(Planner Order).

Regards

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Thanks for the reply. I'm using extended Idoc(Planner Order).

So have you downloaded the metadata as mentioned in my previous reply?