Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding Engine general questions :-(

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

These are some questions for Bidding Engine experts.

HEADER DATA AREA

=====================================

Basic Data

-

- Type of Publication: differences between public vs. restricted bid invitation

- Differences between "Detailed Price Information": Simple / Complex / No prices

- The permission "Bid can be Changed" enables the changes actions for whom ?

- What for is "Binding Period" field ?

- Product Category: whats the purpose of this field? is it required ?

Weighting

-

- Differences between "Weighting" function for Date fields: Manual Valuation / Linear Function / Stepped Function

- What does mean the message "Opening date 15.05.2006 00:00:00 is before the bid submission deadline 16.05.2006 00:00:00"

- How can I enter the weight manually?

- I cant understand how is the price weighted. =( Do you know ?

GENERAL QUESTIONS

=======================================

- What happens if I accept two bids for the same items ?

- Talking about the Bid Buttons, what means the "Set to ready" button ?

- Is it possible to apply screen variants to this transaction ? (Bid Invitations) I need to change a lot of fields to visible only

I would appreciate any help on this =( I cant find any document about "how to use" the bidding engine =(

Thanks for your help guys !!!!

Regards from Mexico 😃

Diego

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Binding period defines the date till when the offer is binding for the supplier.

Cheers,

Claudia

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ey guys, whats up. 😃 Any help with this matter ? 😃

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Please read online documentation where you will find answers to some of your questions.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/67/c3833cfa3dbc2ce10000000a114027/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Yann

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

You were right, documentation is quite complete 😃 Im reading this right now, If I have a non-answered question after that, Ill let you know 😃

Thanks man 😃

Regards,

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

First question: I cant understand the price weight:

In a given Price field, the following values can apply:

- Min. attribute value = 1,000 euro

- Max. attribute value = 9,000 euro

- Max. number of points = 100

- Min. number of points = 0

If the bidder enters a price of 1000 euro or less, this will generate a valuation factor of 100. A price of 5,000 euro will generate a valuation factor of 50 and any price equal to or greater than 9,000 euro will generate a valuation factor of zero.

Is this right ? I cant understand the relationship between this values and the number of points assigned =(

Regards

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Question 2: Where and How can I "valuate" a manual attribute ? 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

The valuation factors are created to derive certain number of total points at the line item level by multiplying the valuation factor with the weighting factor.

For example:

when you weight a certain attribute like lead time as 50%. Then a valuation factor of 100 will yield the maimum number of points that this attribute can achieve.

The bid validation logic to generate a valuation factor is processed by the above logic you mentioned.

The valuation factor is calculated in the following way:

example:

Lead Time Max:15 days

Least: 1 days

If the vendor enters 1 day as his lead time in the bid, his valuation factor becomes 100 and therby gets full points for that attribute. If he enters 7 days, his valuation factor becomes 50.There decresing his score on that particular attribute.

I hope this helps.

If you have any further questions let me know

Thanks

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain what field binding period is for? I can not find it in the help.

Regards,

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Binding period defines the date till when the offer is binding for the supplier.

Cheers,

Claudia