cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic file download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

say I have a list of filenames 0 to n which I want to display on a page using the filedownload UI-Element. Im using NW 7.1 so the IWDModifiableBinaryType is deprecated. If I want to create a Resource with the ResourceFactory I have to provide one of the predefined mime types. Problem is, I dont want to implement a logic that determines the exact mime type for every file I have in the list. Is there any way to circumvent this?

Also, is there a way to handle multiple filedownloads without creating the UI elements dynamically?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

you wont have to implement the Mime-Finder utility yourself, WebDynpro comes with the WDWebResourceType.getResourceTypeForFileExtentsion(fileExtension) helper class.

For multiple Up/Downloads: If you use an 1...* model node to store the documents, you can simply map it to a wd table and use up/download cell editors or action links. That way, all the nescessary ui elements are created within the table/row context of wd and you dont have to care for dynamic elements anymore. You can use some layout options to control the visual representation of the table.

hope that helps,

Jan

Answers (0)