cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Rebuild

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we are building a new SLD now. As we have already built the 5 XI interfaces in the old SLD, whats the effect we are going to have ...if we recreate the same business systems.....in the new SLD, can we avoid any side effects?.

what are the things that needs to be re-done in the Repository and Configuration Directory?.

I appreciate the help on any pointers or any kind of input.

Thanks,

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

<i>we are building a new SLD now</i>

What do you mean by building a new SLD ? Are you going to create a new SLD in new System ..

If so you have one IR and ID pointing to 2 SLDs is it like this .....

<i>if we recreate the same business systems.....in the new SLD, can we avoid any side effects?.</i>

In one SLD, you can't have duplicate business Systems. First of all just confirm what is new SLD here..

Are you talking about Dev->QA->Prod ..environments..

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

we are going to create a new SLD. The old one wont be in picture....so there will be only one new SLD.

Can we import all the Business systems and technical systems from SLD from Adminisration tab, and save them to disk?. After that can we export them to the new SLD?.

Does it work perfect?.

Thanks,

Raj.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

<i>Can we import all the Business systems and technical systems from SLD</i>

You can do transport target and you can proceed. But if you are removing the old SLD then this transport target may give error.

For more-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/cbeb318b49136ae10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/a2/706851b7e62a4b9e697bce3ede967a/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

Alternative way is doing everything new as the old SLD.. so that you may not required to change the Business System names etc in the ID.. But you need to change the pipeline URL etc..

This is just my views~,

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Before you move to new SLD, connect the SLD Data bridge between your old SLD and new SLD, that way you dont have to create your Products and SWCVs again in new system, and point all your systems to new SLD. and import your Tech & business systems.

I guess you know the OSS Notes to change the SLD.

Regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

shravan,

could you please send those OSS notes. In our case, the SLD is going to totally down before the new SLD comes into picture...I think...

thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

768148: Using a separate SLD for XI.

720717: Reduce the number of System Landscape Direcotries (SLD)

Follow the notes and you should be fine.

Regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shravan,

I havent looked at those OSS notes yet. Could you please tell me how can I point the OLD SLD to new SLD, since by the time I will be having new SLD, I wont have Old SLD....

AS I mentioned in the above posts, can I just export my Techncial SYstems and Business Systems from old SLD, and Import them in the new SLD.....Is that works???.

the old SLD will die tomorrow itself....the new one will come in 3-4 days....do u understand what I mean??.

Thanks,

Raj.

Message was edited by: Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on yahoo messenger shravanm@yahoo.com

Are you currently using an SLD which is residing out of XI box ?

regards

Shravan

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

<i>

AS I mentioned in the above posts, can I just export my Techncial SYstems and Business Systems from old SLD, and Import them in the new SLD.....Is that works???.</i>

I don't think so.. without standard way of doing with SLD bridge etc...But I did not try it..

So try it Let me know if it works...

Check this part of SAP Help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/8a/361fb70681234fb7d3af841ec2383e/frameset.htm

go to Service market place for SLD COnfiguration Guide.

Regd. SLD Bridge-

/thread/146517 [original link is broken]

/thread/126794 [original link is broken]

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)