cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on SAP-PS and Primavera Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am in process of making out road map for integration of SAP-PS and Primavera in my company.

The Business scenario is such that the third party contractor provides all the Turn key services in form of material & services to do designing, procurement, erection of equipments and commissioning.

Contractor is working on Primavera and provides his reports in Primavera only.

Management wants to PS-Primavera integration to transfer structure (including activities), dates, capacities from Contractor's reports to our system and any subsequent changes proposed by management needs to be given back to contractor.

I will request any person who has experience in PS- Primavera integration to comment on the following:

1. What tool (third party interface) is best available in the market to address the above requirements?

2. Is transfer of Structure (WBS and activities), dates(schedule) and capacities possible from Primavera and PS and back. What are the issues encountered in such scenario?

3. What are the timelines for such solution?

Regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As suggested, Iit is advisable to download SAP PS into MS project and then export the project to primavera and vice-versa.

However, please find below some info/link on third party softwares available in market for primavera integration:

http://www.sapprimavera.com/2007/06/01/sap-primavera-integration-technology-options/

Regards

Srikrishna

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everybody

Awarded points to helpful answers/ clues

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra and Shrikrishna

But Does anybody has first hand experienc of using Impress or any other Primavera-PS integration tool? Are there any guiding factors ?

Regards

Martin

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the above link

you can also search this forum - there are lots of threads realting to this

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i would not recommend use of OPENPS

I suggest you look into SAP PS Primavera integration tools - Impress is the most commonly used

this will provide better intefacability then OPEN PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahmed for a quick reply.

Before I start working in this direction, I would like to have more clarity.

1.Is transfer of Structure (WBS and activities), dates(schedule) and capacities possible from Primavera to MPX and then to SAP- PS and back. More Important is backward flow as well as there will be changes certainly in schedule by by management to be communicated back to contractor. What are the issues encountered in such scenario?

2. Are there any tentative timelines on this?

Regards

Martin

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is somewhat similar to my current project...Here also, Contractor will provide project planning in Primavera and my client wants to upload it in SAP...What I have suggested is...instead of buying a third party software for PS-primavera integration..You can ask the contractor to provide the project planning in .MPX format(MS-project), which can be obtained from Primavera itself...then later use OPENPS(std tool available with SAP without any charges)...to upload the data from MS_project to SAP...