cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment block "R" in accouting document of AP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I found the vendor item in an accouting document has been set as block for payment "R" - Invoice verification. This accouting document was generated via MIRO.

But now this block has been removed in accouting document, and now I can't find the block reason for the related invoice via MRBR.

I want to know if there is a method, that I can find the block reason, because I am not sure if this block is set due to tolerance limit.

Or is there any other reason to set payment block "R" to a vendor, except tolerance limit.

Thank you for your help.

BR,

Christina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wang,

You can view the payment block reasons using OB27 transaction code.

Assigning of payment block reasons depends not only on tolerance limits, but also on other factors.

The other factors here in question depends on the client requirement.

we can define block reasons as per client requirement in OB27.

Normally we will use this block when there is variance between vendor invoice and PO.

Hope this will help you...

Regards,

Praisty

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gladys_xing
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have maintained the QM Control key in the material master which has invoice block tick in the setting. the standard behavior of the SAP system is as the following:

If to the material the QM in procurement is active and in the QM control key invoice block is active the invoice will be blocked for quality reasons if there is still no usage decision for the inspection lot or if

the inspection lot is rejected.

The invoice itself will be blocked automatically, the Payment Block Key will be set to R. The Blocking reason I is not visible in the invoice and has nothing to do with the settings in OMR9.

As per the online documentation:

Quality Inspection (I)

If a material is defined as being relevant for quality management, goods receipts for this material are posted to stock in quality inspection. Invoices for the material are blocked until the inspection has been

successfully completed.

If more than one goods receipt is posted for an order item, an inspection is carried out for every goods receipt. In Invoice Verification, the system reacts differently depending on whether goods-receipt-based Invoice Verification is active:

Goods-receipt-based Invoice Verification is defined in the purchase order.

The invoice is blocked if the inspection has not been completed for the goods receipt.

Goods-receipt-based Invoice Verification is not defined in the purchase order.

The invoice is blocked if any goods receipts are still in quality inspection. If an invoice is posted before the goods are received, it cannot be blocked for quality inspection.

Hope the informations are useful to you!

Best Regards,

Gladys xing

Edited by: Gladys Xing on Sep 15, 2009 4:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the payment terms (OBB8) configuration or payment block reason configuration (S_ALR_8700145).

The reason could be, altaration of MIRO document. In most of the cases the payment block will populate if we alter the original documents depending on the payment block configuration.

Thanks

Prasada