cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods being delivered when shouldn't be!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a problem and I need some help. To explain it easier I have outline the scenario below:

Free goods (discount type NA00) has been set up for customer Y, sales org 1000 and distribution chanel 12 though VBN1. It is an exclusive free good so that when item A is purchased they receive item B free. The "Free goods delivery control" has been set to B - Delivery only when main item is fully delivered.

Item A currently does not have stock and stock will not arrive until 30 September while item B already has stock in the warehouse.

Even though we have the setting B indicated for the delivery control, a delivery document can still be created. When creating the delivery an information (green) message indicating "Free goods group not complete" appears prior to creation (VL261) but you can still create the delivery for the free goods item only (item B).

I have tried indicating item A as complete delivery in the sales order but the same happens. Also I am unable to create a delivery group for the item in the sales order so that ones out as well.

Does anyone know a way that we can stop this from happening so that item A and B are ALLWAYS delivered at the same time or item B can only be delivered after item A has been delivered.

Is there a way that we can change the message from an information (green) message to an error (red) message?

The customer does not want to customise their system through ABAP which will be maintained by SAP in later releases. They want to do the least amount of ABAP and stick with configuration where possible.

Cheers

Tammy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in VOV7, item category please check mark the field 'Create delivery group' with X and check if this works for your requirement.

Thanks,

Abhee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, tried this but the client is not using a BOM structure but an exclusive free good.

When I do the configuration you have suggested, it giving me an error that there was an issue with the configuration and referred to the item B - the free good line item.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See as your stock is not available for the item A then give the delivery block to item B.

So that it will be not open for the delivery. This is the one way which you can do it.

Now your stock for item A will available from 30sept but i donu2019t know whether this situation will happen other month also or not.

So other this you can do is change the material availability date of the item B also.

So if you change that setting and make is similar to your item A then also you can solve your problem.

Like giving the pick pack time or loading time to the item B which will increase the material availability date of your item.

But for one time issue you should use delivery block.

And if its occurring every month then change the availability date of your item B.

Regards

Raj.