Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Data From 4.6c once Upgrade is done

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Our system was upgraded from 4.6c to ECC 6.0 a year back. We had dump of 4.6c. I just wanted to know where the data of 4.6c actually stored. What would be the best/cheap approach to recover the 4.6c data easily?

Is there any tool/software we have for doing this?

I apologies for not being able to providing enough information because thatu2019s the information what I have.

Cheers,

Amit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can start the DB, then you might also find some of your dump data from wayback then as an ABAP fresher in table SNAP...

One solution which I have seen archives the whole system with all it's dingle-dangles into a virtual machine on a backup medium which only needs to be started to access the system again. Not sure what they did with the SAPGui though.

Anyhow, I guess that is just a "smart-ass" comment now if you didn't have it before. Actually it is hard to avoid "smart-ass" comments when it comes to back-up and (tested?) restore problems...

If you really are in a fix then I guess SAP might still have some 46C system on Oracle around or another friendly customer could be asked for an image. Just yesterday someone mentioned to be on 46C SP level 23 ...

Cheers and good luck,

Julius

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Although yet Iu2019m not sure now how they (basis team) will proceed further.

Nevertheless it seems all of my cross questions (A backup? an R3load export?) and your suggestions (install a new server and Database Image, archiving the entire system into a virtual machine) in our discussion gave prospect me as an savior in Database & OS Platforms

I will update this thread once i have any information,how they are proceeding further.

Cheers,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

install a new server with 4.6c, install same database software with same patch level.

now restore/import your "dump"

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Our system was upgraded from 4.6c to ECC 6.0 a year back. We had dump of 4.6c. I just wanted to know where the data of 4.6c actually stored. What would be the best/cheap approach to recover the 4.6c data easily?

> Is there any tool/software we have for doing this?

What "dump" are you talking about? A backup? an R3load export?

Markus