cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating PO for sales order (third party)

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been trying to create a new PO from a purchase requisition. This PR is a third party PR with Account assignment category S. Also it is sales order related.

When I try to save the PO it gives me two errors as shown below :

"No upate of sales order 30081586 from purchase order (error V4 115)"

"System error (error in method PO_POST)"

Has anyone come across such an error? Is this because of something wrong in sales order?

Regards,

V S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Third Party PO account assignment Cat.( N) and Item Cat. S combination

their is no acc. Assi. cat like S

if i m wrong please let me know the process

regards

ranu

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry my mistake........the item category is S

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS ,

You create a purchase order with reference to a purchase requisition (PReq) that was generated as a result of a third-party order or an individual customer order. If another purchase order with reference to this sales document is changed at the same time (in another window or by another user) and the first purchase order is saved in the meantime, the associated sales order item is not updated and a termination occurs with error message ME 816, "System error: (error in method po_post)".

Refer the SAP Note Note 849480 - ME21N: Third-party 'System error: (error in method po_post)' for more details

Regards

Ramesh Ch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VS, For 1st error ... Go to OVAH select your message class V4 and message no 115 ... there you can see the description of the reason ... you can change it here from error to warning if you want. For PO_POST, talk to your ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check note 849480 .

according to this note the cause is

"You create a purchase order with reference to a purchase requisition (PReq) that was generated as a result of a third-party order or an individual customer order. If another purchase order with reference to this sales document is changed at the same time (in another window or by another user) and the first purchase order is saved in the meantime, the associated sales order item is not updated and a termination occurs with error message ME 816, "System error: (error in method po_post)".

This is basically a program error .To solve this follow the correction instructions mentioned in note 849480.

Regards,

Anupam