cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 (Windows Server 2003 x64/Oracle) using EHPinstaller tool.

SAP ERP 6.0 is an existing system. When I started the EHPi tool, I got to know that there are 8 stages in the installation roadmap.

If anyone has done this before, could you please let me know how much time (days/hrs) does this entire process take (all the 8 stages) as I am stuck in the EXTRACTION stage (2nd stage) for more than 24 hrs now. The EHPi is running as I can see in the task manager (1 to 4% CPU Utilization with no users on the SAP system), but its taking lots of time.

I havent even entered the 'resource utilization strategy' yet, which is taken as a parameter in the 3rd stage of CONFIGURATION.

I have already done the PREPARATION steps in installation guide, but am unable to find the reason behind such a long running stage.

Also, on checking EHPi logs, no error is logged as yet.

Please let me know the how long should I wait before stopping/terminating the installation?

Regards,

Saurabh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If anyone has done this before, could you please let me know how much time (days/hrs) does this entire process take (all the 8 stages) as I am stuck in the EXTRACTION stage (2nd stage) for more than 24 hrs now. The EHPi is running as I can see in the task manager (1 to 4% CPU Utilization with no users on the SAP system), but its taking lots of time.

This depends HEAVILY on your system speed. I have made EHP4 installations taking 2 days to 7 days.

24h for the extraction is very much, there seems to be a problem. I'd check the latest logs in EHPI\abap\log for possible issues. The extraction usually does nothing more than extracting all the SAR files to the correct places. This shouldn't take 24 h.

BTW: there's a special forum for EHP installations: /community [original link is broken]

Markus