cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Organizational Data in VA01 Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any way to disable the organizational data in VA01 from being populated automatically?

The organizational data (Sales Area, Sales Office, Sales Group) will be populated based on the entries of the respective fields in a previous transaction. For example, when user runs a report and enters Sales Office X as a search criteria, the next time he/she runs VA01, Sales Office X will be populated in VA01. The issue here is that a lot of our SOs' sales office have been wrongly assigned, and causing reporting discrepancy.

The users have already been informed to take extra care when creating SOs in the future, however I'm wondering if is there any way to prevent this from happening in SAP? Or is there a workaround recommended? I have searched around but haven't come to much.

Hopefully somebody could guide me. Thanks!

Regards,

Xien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Transaction Variant........which will solve your problem.

regards

kathish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can assign only one sales office to the customer in the master data.

So if you have saved the correct sales office in the customer master then it will take that data only.

Just try to maintain the sales office in the master data and check out the result.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thanks for your reply!

However, Sales Office has already been maintained in customer master records. Whenever SO is created in VA01 with 'sales office' field filled up, the SO will still retain that sales office even though the sales office in customer master differs.

Is there any configuration to prioritize the data in customer master?

Thanks!

Regards,

Xien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think so there might be some user exist has been given to your sales order type.

Just take the help of the ABAPer to find out the issue.

Because VA01 creates the new sales order so every entry has to be blank only.

Once you give the details then only it should take all the information from the master data.

Or just go VOV8 and copy the sales order type OR to make the new order type.

Now check whether over here also you face the same problem.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

I don't think there's a user exit that dictates it. Let's say in the initial screen of VA01, you enter the sales order type. Then under the organizational data box, you enter a sales office. Then when you insert the sold-to party later, even though the sales office assigned to the customer is different from what you entered previously, the system will still retain the sales office and will not pick up from the master data.

I believe this is standard behaviour of SAP, can you confirm?

Dear Kathish,

Yeah it would work, but I think at the moment, it's still not worth the trouble. Thanks for the tip though!

Regards,

Xien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xien

Let's say in the initial screen of VA01, you enter the sales order type. Then under the organizational data box, you enter a sales office. Then when you insert the sold-to party later, even though the sales office assigned to the customer is different from what you entered previously, the system will still retain the sales office and will not pick up from the master data.

FOr your requirement, you can user USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT, such that before save the sales order, program will check for sales office and parameters enter in sales order with that of customer master. If customer master data is not reflecting in sales order then replce it or display error message, as per your requirement.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Sorry for the overdue reply. At the end of the day, the user accepts the situation and we decided not to implement the user exit/transaction variant.

Thanks a lot for all your replies.