cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro on Tomcat

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS it possible to package an webdynpro application as a WAR archive and deploy on tomcat

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We need to have Web Dynpro Engine in tomcat server. Which is not there by default ! i don't think we can get Web dynpro engine separatly. Hence i don't think we can deploy web dynpro on tomcat.

Thanks

Susmita

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rjain ,

Web Dynpro requires Web AS and currently does not support any other application servers. The reason is that Web Dynpro requires services like a rendering framework which is build-in Web AS for performance and managebility reasons.

Have a look on detailed discussion for the same

[.ear and Tomcat |;

[Web Dynpro for Java: portability issue |;

[WebDynpro on other WebAppServers?|;

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's true that Web Dynpro requires the SAP Application Server but this rendering framework argument is not true.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> It's true that Web Dynpro requires the SAP Application Server but this rendering framework argument is not true.

>

I sense its SAP policy then. Like they force you to use NWDI in ecommerce 5 when in theory it could go without.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Armin said, you will require the SAP AS in order to run WDP. I still think that you can get it running other than SAP AS, but.. common.

I'm only curious with the question, since at my head I can't stop thinking why would anyone on Earth choose WDP other than same kind of frameworks which are more flexible, easier to use and more performatic. Is there a good reason behind it?

@Stefan:

I think you still can use SVN / Plain Eclipse and achieve a way better results than using NWDI. NWDI concept is good, but I still see no good reason to use it, considering it's implementation. SAP will force the usage of it, but as far as I'm concerned, I'd avoid it as much as I can. I'm using it for some months now, still learning a lot and getting surprised all the time.

Rgds,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see lot of threads on the same topic.

Has anyone done this before -- and has SAP officially certified this. I don't see this as a big blocker for me, but would like to know how far I can stretch this.

Thanks for your replies.

Rajesh