cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Sync Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In my current interface, i am using BPM and in that i am sending sync request to Proxy, when the proxy takes more time i.e. more than 3 mins, i am getting timeout error in xi monitoring. Because the default timeout parameter was 3 mins. Now i changed all the default parameters to 5 mins. Even now, i am getting the same timeout error.

My current BPM design,

Start - Receive - Transformation - Sync Send - Transformation - Send - End.

Please suggest me, whether we can have any wait step to wait for specified minute after the Sync send step. If we add that wait step, will there be any performance issue?

Please suggest me.

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please suggest me, whether we can have any wait step to wait for specified minute after the Sync send step. If we add 
that wait step, will there be any performance issue?

Wait step cannot help you since the Timeout is happening within one call itself (the sync call)

We had a similar situation where a call was made to a WS and the WS was taking more time for processing the request.....so we changed the Sync call into an Async Send and Async Receive....with a corelation defined.

Check if you can implement the same logic....increasing the timeout should have helped you...did you check the blog by Michal on how to handle timeout?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please explain me the async step.

Regards

Bala

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a Sync step the Request and Response happen in the same call

Now in Async flow you make a request (using the same Req Message that you are using in the Sync Request Message section).

Then have Async Receive step (with a correlation defined).

Disadvantage:

1) In this case you need to have a field for correlation

2) Call has to be made Async on the receiving system also....so config may change at target end...

Advantage:

No need to worry about the time taken to receive the Response .... however it is always better to introduce some alert mechanism if the response is not received within some desired timeframe ... this behavior is shown in the BPM designs present under: IR -> SAP BASIS> http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns --> BpmPatternReqRespAlert

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this Doc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03747&overrid...

Edited by: Manjusha Nair on Sep 15, 2009 10:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjusha Nair,

I have treid with that document already. Nothing is working.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did u made changes in visual admin or system managment configuration for increasing time out value?

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, my basis had done the changes as per the sap recommendations. Even now, we are getting the timeout error.

Regards

Bala