cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository access is slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

We are EP6SP2. I have noticed that in the past few days it takes from 30secs - 2 minutes for the files & folders to showup when I click on the document repository. This is not just the first time but every click within the repository. The time it takes for navigating through the portal, logging in to the portal is just fine. It is just KM that slowed down extremely.

Tracing back the changes that I made to the portal. I am listing them here. I do not think that they would affect the KM performance. I made the following changes in the last two weeks.

--I configured the portal for multiple datasources for active directory (ADS1 internal users, ADS2 external users). ADS2 is on a seperate domain.

--changed the index permissions from everyone to a group in ADS1 only. The permission son the KM folders are as is nothing chnaged.

--Added 5 to 6 roles for the external users to access.

The permissions on the indexes should only affect the search feature and not the repository access. The multiple datasources should impact the portal overall rather that just the KM access. Would you agree?

Did any of you have experience any issues like this? Please share your thoughts.

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Did you check the Log level settings ? Sometimes having Log level as INFO,DEBUG may also slow down the system.

What performance tuning have you already applied ?

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Piyush,

The log level was not changed. I am looking at the logging.properties.

I have followed the performance tuning guide for EP6.

But my question is, why would it slow down all of a sudden? the loglevel remains the same. It is set to "warning".

Madhavi

Message was edited by: Madhavi Bollepalli