cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in SOAP> PI Scenario(With Load Test)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are in the middle of load testing,

Scenario: SOAP> PI....

here are the findings,

1. when the size of the xml is for say upto 60 line items, the message gets to PI and gets processed.

2. when the size of the xml is for 100 lineitems , the message doesn't even log @ PI in the AF/ IE.......but the caller of the service gets back a blank response after 2 minutes.

Can someone throw light into what direction i have to look into,

ive looked even in the server logs, don't know whr else to look. Can some1 tellme wher to look @ or what approach that i should take?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello hankovak jovani ,

We are doing SOAP testing using XML SPY editor , after creating the webservice in ID and we have dowloaded the WSDL, uploaded the WSDL into XML SPY and send a request from XMLspy to PI .. it says empty response has sent , We tried changing the XML file but it did not worked

I have checked in runtimework bench ..message id generated but there was no payload in that.

Can you please help me by sharing the procudure how to do this testing or the way forward to over come this problem ?

Waiting for your response....

Thanks

Sangeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI hankovak jovani,

Yes , the dispatcher logs has no evidence of the large soap hitting the PI but it has for small soap. we have raised the issue with SAP and we have been told the issue is outside the PI .

The idea is why we have set the header length to 200kb is we have have a problem in recieving 150 kb soap size so we have tuned in such a manner not to consume too much heap memory by setting 1 or 2 mbs..

Thanks

Sangeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hankovak jovani ,

Thanks for the promoted response ,

The parameter you have recommended have had good enough value in our PI box , header length is 200kb already we have set .

Still we have the same problem and wearied about this issue .

Thanks

Sangeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

200Kb is too less...try putting it about 1-2Mbs for test sake...

Also have u looked @ ur dispatcher logs? Do you c the error there?

if you don't then this could be a totally diff issue, you shd open up talks with SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The xml payload size may clarify the bahaviour of soap call in this case. You are getting blank rsponse just because of timeout exception while giving the resoponse back from the recevier system.

You may refer the trace details in XI logs for more details.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every1,

here are the findings,

AT offpeak times the messages get processed . ie thy are received by PI ,

but @ peak times, PI doesn't even log it at the AF/ IE.

i don't even find anything in the trace files.

can someone tell me what approach shoud be taken? Performance wise?

thanks,

Hank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u all,

the logs were traced to the dispather, it was an issue with the payload,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI hankovak jovani ,

Can you please share the proceudre how you problem the solved , we are facing the same issue the SOAP payload not hitting the PI when its size is more then 150kb.

Thanks

Sangeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sangeet,

here is what you should do,

1. Check your dispatcher logs.

2. If you find an error entry there. then you can be certain that PI system received the request.

3 . As recommended by SAP , we had to increase a parameter value on the dispatcher. "maxrequestheaderlength

property"

This solved the issue.

Hope it helps your cause

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS there a limit to the message size for SOAP calls?

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no limit in SOAP call , if at all it will in MBs...

check your config,network parameters,h/w...

Edited by: NetWeaver Expert on Sep 15, 2009 8:27 AM