cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting from MDM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to be able to generate two types of daily reports from MDM, one for products processed through workflows and the other for products enriched with attribute data (daily). Some further detail:

1) Processed Records: We would like to generate a report of what is imported vs output on any given day. Our data team wants to use this report to ensure that all data that is being entered in the system is being processed in a timely manner.

2) Attribute Enrichment: We have deployed an attribute driven taxonomy, as a record is assigned a class certain attributes are then assigned to the product depending on the class assigned. As we commence our data cleansing project i would like to be able to generate a report (daily) that shows how many products were enriched in that day, ie had their attirbutes populated. The attributes will be populated using an import map in the import manager.

Has anyone had some experience in creating these types of reports in MDM, can i even do this in MDM? If someone could please point me in the right direction, this would be great.

Regards,

Adam Sellers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set up a road map for Business Objects (reporting tools like Xcelius,Crystal and so)....

thanks,

Alexander.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will those tools be able to perform the reporting?

The main problem I see is acquiring the required data in the first place...

Best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Report generation in MDM SP06 is not possible.Not sure about MDM 7.1.

Alternate way is, you need to connect MDM to ECC via MDM ABAP API. Then you can use std function modules (or create a FM) to pull the report.Make sure that MDM addons are available in ECC or else MDM ABAP API will not work.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reporting with MDM 5.5 is still a challenge but you can explore the below options -

1) MDM DBView on Slave repositories

2) MDM - SAP BI Integration

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When it comes to reporting, MDM 7.1 does not provide any new functionality, as far as I'm aware of.

Reporting is still quite tricky with SAP MDM. Data-related metrics can be determined using the APIs. But process-related metrics are often difficult to get.

Best regards,

Dennis