cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When accessing the Outlook Web Access(OWA)2003 by url, it works fine. But when I tried to create the url iview and pointing to the same owa url, it does not work. Did I miss any other configuration? can i integrate the whole OWA into the portal using just the url instead of single component like inbox, calendar ect...?

Thanks for your help,

Dav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Configuration of Outlook Web Access iViews

iViews that are created from the generic template of the SAP Application Integrator component can be used for quickly integrating the inbox, calendar, task, and contacts folders on the Microsoft Exchange Server. You can integrate this iView into a SAP Enterprise Portal framework page.

Proceed as follows to configure an Outlook Web Access iView.

1. Select New From Portal Archive and then iview.

2. Select the SAP Enterprise Portal application com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap and choose Next.

3. On the next screen, choose Generic and Next.

4. On the iView Wizard, enter the iView Name and ID for the new namespace, and choose Next.

5. Select Open for editing when wizard completes, and choose Finish.

6. In the Property Editor for Property Category choose Show All.

7. Scroll down and set the iView property URL template as URL to your target application. You configure the following link as follows:

http://<server_hostname>:<port>/Exchange

8. Replace <server_hostname> and <port> with the Microsoft Exchange server name and port.

9. Save the iView

the following URL is also useful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/48043196af764b969338271234936a/frameset.htm

Gopi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DAVID

provide ur mail i'll send u some document might help u.

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: Anja Kloetzer on May 25, 2009 9:50 AM

No email adresses in threads - see forum rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Thanks for your help again.

Edited by: Anja Kloetzer on May 25, 2009 9:50 AM

No email adresses in threads - see forum rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have sent a document too which had regarding OWA view configuration. Check if that is useful.

Regards,

Piyush

ps: Please reward points if u find information useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

i send the document.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Can you send to me too. It may help me as well if it's different than what I have.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just wanted to say thank you all all for your help!! This is the best place to find information. I have rewarded points to everyone that helps me.

Cheers,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please let me know what configuration you made?

Please provide the solution for all.. this would be very helpful

Thanks!

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

Sorry, I wish I could. It has been three years and I do not have the document or remember how I have configured it. Did you follow Gopi step by step? If I find the document that I received from Piyush Kumar I will send it to you. You might want to ask Piyush Kumar too.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What is the error you get. I guess the Single SignOn between Portal and OWA may be missing which may cause problems.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for a quick response. I have not implemented a SSO.. do I need to do the sso first in order to integrate the OWA into the portal? I thought we can just create an iview and pointing to the url...

Error: the page is unavailable or has moved...(something like that)

Thanks again,

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSO is needed to log you automatically to OWA into Portal. But as you say the problem looks different.

Does the URL access goes through any proxy ? I yes, then you will have to configure http proxy settings on the Portal ?

Regards,

Piyush

ps: Please reward points if you find this answer useful.