SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS in AFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the minimum components needed to implement POS (Point of Sale) in SAP AFS. Is it required that IS-Retail should be installed to have POS in SAP AFS ?

Any Help on this will be greatly appreciable.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the

(a)SAP AFS - to Retail page

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_afs60/helpdata/en/19/d19799324c11d4b33c005004394c29/frameset.htm

(b)

The SAP Retail page

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/12/084110470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

then you will see the gap between the systems.

Enterprise POS and regular POS (Triversity) are different. Enterprise POS is a java server based application which offers more functionalities and enhancement features.

Q: Is it required that IS-Retail should be installed to have POS in SAP AFS ?

A: No, if you want to reinvent the wheel and spend/invest/waste a huge amount of resources.

However, let me please summarize why I would not suggest to integrate a POS to AFS:

Differences in Process:

-

Retail uses the following

Promotion Management

Margin based price calulation workbench

Bonus Buy Handling

Assortment planning

Sites/Stores planning

Requirements Planning and Purchasing

AFS has:

Material Grids,

Standard SD pricing

Standard SD orders

Free Goods

Cross Selling

Data Flow:

-

Furthermore the IS-R C&C Information process flow is usually

Outbound: SAP ->PI/XI - > POS

Inbound:

Sales Item Consolidated

Sales

POS -> PI/XI -> BI -> ECC

Sales Audit

in BI (POSDM)

or a derivated version of it....

So what would it take to integrate AFS to a POS - well, filling all these gaps....

Christian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The recommendation from SAP is to implement IS-Retail as well as AFS. Then the functionality around promotions etc.. can be used by the retailer. It is possible to implement AFS and connect this direct to the retail stores with a POS outbound and inbound. My own experience is in using POSDM to enable the POS inbound connecting directly with AFS. Significant modifications were required because the standard content is designed for retail (e.g. Retail IDOC's WPUUMS, WPUTAB). On the AFS side the stock in store was made visible by treating it as customer consignment stock.

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

Clive.

0 Kudos

Thanks Clive. It would be very much helpful if you can provide some key changes requied to integrate POS with AFS. Also one last qustion.... how is Enterprise POS different from POS? Which will be more compitable with AFS.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja Sekhar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the

(a)SAP AFS - to Retail page

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_afs60/helpdata/en/19/d19799324c11d4b33c005004394c29/frameset.htm

(b)

The SAP Retail page

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/12/084110470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

then you will see the gap between the systems.

Enterprise POS and regular POS (Triversity) are different. Enterprise POS is a java server based application which offers more functionalities and enhancement features.

Q: Is it required that IS-Retail should be installed to have POS in SAP AFS ?

A: No, if you want to reinvent the wheel and spend/invest/waste a huge amount of resources.

However, let me please summarize why I would not suggest to integrate a POS to AFS:

Differences in Process:

-

Retail uses the following

Promotion Management

Margin based price calulation workbench

Bonus Buy Handling

Assortment planning

Sites/Stores planning

Requirements Planning and Purchasing

AFS has:

Material Grids,

Standard SD pricing

Standard SD orders

Free Goods

Cross Selling

Data Flow:

-

Furthermore the IS-R C&C Information process flow is usually

Outbound: SAP ->PI/XI - > POS

Inbound:

Sales Item Consolidated

Sales

POS -> PI/XI -> BI -> ECC

Sales Audit

in BI (POSDM)

or a derivated version of it....

So what would it take to integrate AFS to a POS - well, filling all these gaps....

Christian

0 Kudos

Thanks Chris for your elaborate luist of the changes.

Regards,

Raj.