cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing CRM 4.0 Best Practices (BP) on CRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts:

I had wanted to ask you if installing BP CRM 4.0 on CRM 5.0 is possible? If so, what are some of the issues related to it. Is it even advisable or should i just walk away from this.

Right now we have test CRM 5.0 system, and we are debating if we should install BP for CRM 4.0 on this. CRM 5.0 BP is due out towards the end of July.

Secondly, is there a way of finding out if Best Practices have been installed on a system (any system) like is there a transaction or something that would let the user know if Best Practices have been installed.

Thirdly, is there a way of unistalling Best Practices from a system. Suppose, we install CRM 4.0 BP on CRM 5.0 and after awhile we decide to uninstall it. Would something like this be possible or is it just going to create a lot of issues in the system.

Any advice would be truly appreciated!

Thanks!

Imran Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I dont have clue for your 1st question.

For ur second question the answer is Go to t-codeSAINT>in the ADD-On/PCS tab you will see something like

"BP-BLCR 400V6 0000 BP-BLCR 400V6 : Best Practices All-in-On"

If u dont see anything like this Best practices are not installed.

For your third question,Deinstalling Best practices is not possible.

The only wayout is restore from backup

Also see

It has some info regarding installing Best practices.

Regards,

Bapujee Naidu

Message was edited by: Bapujee Naidu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys:

Thank you for your prompt reply. You have cleared up most of the issues.

We have decided that we won't be installing the Best Practices after all.

I already have the BP-CRM (initial file) installed on the machine...i am just waiting for the new Business Packages to release and I can start installing them.

Again i really appreciate all your help with this.

Thanks

Imran

UlfZeisberger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

BP CRM 5.0 is released already.

To get it installed, check the tip in my other post

-- Ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Imran,

I suppose you can use it. As the core of the 4.0 and 5.0 and same. The baisc settings are not changed.

Probably if the Best practices are installed then you will be having the settings in R3a1, sm59, Org Model ,BUAG, etc

Best practices is nothing but a set of basic parameters which are tested and verified.

Go thrugh the BP docu see if there is anythign filled afor the settingfs he mentions.

As for I assume, there is no de installation. But get it confirmed.

Bcos, there is no resetting of the parameters. AS the parameters influence each other.

Other option is to make a 000 client copy. But ask Sys Adm to do this.

Regards,

Prem