cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-to-File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing File 2 IDOC Scenario, there is one interface, in that we enhanced the IDOC mean added some segments to old IDOC, In ECC side the IDOC is generated and the status is 03 but on XI side IDOC is not generated, Do i need to change that old IDOC in IDX2..?

it is not at all creating any IDOC in XI, what esactly i need to do..?

can any one help me to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can follow this link step by step guide http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

to trouble shoot IDOC sceanrio if you get any error while testing the sceanrio after following what has been suggested by others

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fatima,

It does not reached to XI so how can i follow the link which u have send me..?

if u have any idea how to change old IDOC in IDX2 and add the enhanced one, the old IDOC i cant deleted because it is used in other interfaces also, so please if u have any idea share with me.

Experts please help me out of this issues.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>if u have any idea how to change old IDOC in IDX2 and add the enhanced one, the old IDOC i cant deleted because it is used in other interfaces also, so please if u have any idea share with me.

When new segments are added to iIDoc it becomes a new IDoc for XI.. What is the old and new Idoc name for you? when you have added new segments the IDoc might have been extended. Provide the following details for old and new Idoc

Basic Type

Message Type

Extension

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Its a same name for the old and new IDOC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

It seems like you are having some configuration issues. First can you delete the old and new metadata.

Then can you resend the idoc and see. If you dont receive in pi then check sm58 transaction for any errors in ECC.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am confused here, when you add new segments to IDoc you should be making it as a new IDoc (extended one) right?

Anyway if they are same, you can delete the metadata in idx2 and recreate one. This will not effect the working of other interfaces, because the deletion and re-creation of new metadata in idx2 will not take much time.

If you dont see the metadata (with the extended segments) for your IDoc in transaction IDX2, you can manually load it using the Menu options in IDX2. You need to specify the port and the IDoc type before you can import the IDoc metadata. You can then import the IDoc definition from the source SAP system in XI Integration Repository and build your scenario on it.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As others suggested you need to reimport the idoc into IR. If you reimport the idoc please check the mapping once again, because it may have changed. You need to map according to the new one.

Also whenever you have changes in the idoc you need to reimport the idoc in IR and also the metadata to be uploaded in idx2.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I already Imported IDOC in IR, I never imported IDOC in IDX2 so can you suggest me how to import IDOC in IDX2

can any one suggest me how to Impot IDOC in IDX2...?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ref: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417500)ID0120244050DB10857941193589336717End...

goto tcode IDX2 in PI and then delete and reimport the enhanced IDoc. Also reimport the IDoc in ESR (7.1) or IR (< 7.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

If the idoc structure contains of standard segments you dont need to import the metadata of the idoc explictly..

but no probs even if you import hte same explicilty

for this go to IDX2 and select your sender system port and there you can see option of import then provide the details of the idoc type and click thats it

its very user friendly screen there once you go to that screen you can find yourself the options of importing

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to delete the metadata from IDX2. that will help to register the IDOC with updated structure.

Also refer IDOC troubleshooting /people/raja.thangamani/blog/2007/07/19/troubleshooting-of-ale-process

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Re-import the new IDOC in ESR and the metadata in IDX2.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh