cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down List not working correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created one 'DropDown' List box with static entry list. When i am selecting the entries nothing is happening.

I want to pass the selected value, how to do that?

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the steps below -

1. Drag Form & select Drop Down list for the required field.

2. In entry list select Static list.

3. You will get 2 columns over there Value & Description. In value enter key of the field & in text enter description.

4. Then create Button, select system action as 'Submit' & submit self option.

5. then in connecting line select 'event as 'Submit' & pass the key of that field. i.e @field_key

this should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to use it without 'Submit' button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.

Define an action of the dropdown's field, and use this event on the outbounding link from the containing form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to System actions of drop down list & select 'System Action' as 'Select'. In the connecting line after that form take event as 'Select' & then deploy your model.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep - did you just repeated what I was saying?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is big difference, i explained in a way which is easy to understand for the layman also.

By the way this is not a chatting forum so dont ask such questions.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am also having the same problem. I would like to know how to get to the system actions and need more enlighthenement on the linking process

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

null

Edited by: Manjunath Subramani on Sep 15, 2009 2:49 PM

Edited by: Manjunath Subramani on Sep 15, 2009 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not enough to just define the dropdown list with static values, you must raise an event to pass the value. If you have a form with a dropdown list you must create a pushbutton with the submit event as an action and pass that to your data source or whatever it is you are passing to. Make sure you click the connector with your submit event and check that your field is being passed EG. @FIELD