cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long the messages stay in SXMB_MONI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SXMB_ADM, the following parameter is set DELETE PERSSIT_DURATION for ASYNC messages for 21 days,

but still I am able to see the ASYNC messages in SXMB_MONI which are more then 50 days old,

how is this possible ? we do not do any archiving of messages,is there any other parameter which

rules the duration of messages in SXMB_MONI...

Please suggest me....

The second issue is we are able to see July month messages for all the interfaces except for one interface,

and now the consultant is asking me the reason for it...

Thanking you in adance.

Our server version is XI 3.0 (SP19)

Regards

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You should refer SAP note 872388 which will talk about the persitancy or deletion of messages and related settings.

Please confirm your settings.

Thanks

Swarup

Satyagadadas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hI,

Did you check whether deletion jobs are running or not in SM37.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyanaryana,

The deletion job in sm37 is running successfully daily, and XX number of messages are deleted as per the job log daily.

Still I am able to see the messages older then the number of days set in sxmb_adm delete parameter......and second issue is

I am able to see all messages except for one interface, how can I see that particular interface messages also ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to see all messages except for one interface, how can I see that particular interface messages also

Per default only asynchronous messages (EO and EOIO) will be persisted on the ABAP and Java side. Synchronous messages (Best Effort) will only be persisted if an error occurs during processing or if the parameter LOGGING_SYNC (ABAP only) is set

May be that particular interface for which you do not see a message(assuming you cannot see it at all) is synchronous.

So please check LOGGING_SYNC in sxmb_adm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nair,

I am sorry, right now my question is (sorry for confused question)

The parameter is set for 21 days and delete job is running successfully but only HR interface messages are not getting deleted

can I know the answer for this ?

All the messages are ASYNC only, no archiving is done on server, I guess this is a global parameter and this should apply

for all the messages older then 21 days right ? is there any interface specific setting ?

Thanking you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.You could confirm if deletion job is getting executed successfully by searching for SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<client> in SM37

2.Only messages in a final status can be deleted / archived. Messages with errors have to be cancelled first. After that these cancelled messages can only be archived and will not be deleted!

Source- SAP Note 872388

Check the section Troubleshooting Archiving/Deletion of XML Messages in the Note.Will help.

Regards,

Manjusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonali ,

Have you gone through : Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 ?

If not suggest you to go through it .

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nair,

Answers for ur questions are

1. the specified job is running successfully.

2. even the msgs which does not have any errors are also not getting deleted after 21 days.

thank you