cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade" button missing in maintenance optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed a new Solution Manager 7.0 EPH1 system with lastest stack 20 applied. Then I performed initial, basis and managed system configurations. All seem look good. However, when I tried to use MOPZ to download files for our ECC 5.0 upgrade, I only see the button "Maintenance", but don't see the button "Upgrade". Can do I get the "Upgrade" button show up? Some configurations or SAP program errors? Appreciate your advise in advace.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yujun,

In MOPZ, I have always seen "Create Maintenance transaction" never seen "Upgrade" and I am able to download patches through Create Maintenance transaction > Select System > Select files > approve > download.

Thanks,

Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digesh,

Thanks for quick response. I understand the old SolMan you only have "Maintenance" option and you still can download patches, etc. But for new SolMan 7.0 EPH1, we are going to use "Upgade" to download all needed upgrade files for our ECC 5.0 system upgrade. My consulant showed me screen shot that there is a button "Upgrade" just below "Maintenance" button in MOPZ.

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not seen any 'upgrade' button there in MOpz, however, there should be 'Enhancement package' button just below the maintenance one

what is the product version of the remote system for which you are trying to create a new MOpz transacation ? I think, below mentioned Note describes your problem if the product version is ECC, then you need to change it to ERP

Note 1022072 - Maintenance Optimizer: "No Data Available" message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anjali,

Thanks for your very helpful answer. You are right, I have to change our target system from ECC to ERP in order for "Upgrade" radio button showing up. Once I made the change, it worked. Just FYI, the new version of SolMan 7.0 EPH1 stack 20, I saw the "Upgrade" below "Maintenance", not "Enhancement Package Installation" we saw before.

Yujun