cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel not picking file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have FIle TO RFC scenario, which have been running in Production since long time.

Problem : Many of the time we have obsereved that even if the FTP is up and running , but file is not getting picked from ftp server. File name and all other details are maintained correctly. Can you please suugest me to resolve this issue.

CC monitoring showing the green status and the message "Communication channel is correctly configured and started" but the file is not picking from the folder.could you give me some inputs?

Thanks All.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ALL for your responses

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Check out the solution provided by Viktor

As you said that you have been running the interface in production since long time, the Viktor's case be your too.

Thanks,

~P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimha,

Problem : Many of the time we have obsereved that even if the FTP is up and running , but file is not getting picked from ftp server. File name and all other details are maintained correctly. Can you please suugest me to resolve this issue.

Are you getting any error messages when file is not being picked up? Also, you might be interested to check whether you are getting empty files at the source and you have given the option of not processing the empty files.

Let us know.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

In CC monitoring just check the time interval......

if the poll interval is 5 minutes then in CC monitoring it should show polling strated and finished success fully for every 5 minutes...... Is it happening just check.....

If its not happening means Communication Channel has been locked, In J2ee engine some bad locks are created,Those locks should be deleted......

For that you have to log in to J2EE engine(Visual Administration) and check for the service LOCKING ADAPTER --> Display Locks and Check for an entry with NAME : $XIDBAD.JDBC2XI , delete those entries and restart the CC ,now it works fine.

Regards,

Sreedhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

In CC monitoring, it is showing the polling message as "Polling interval started. Length: 60.0 seconds" but it is not picking the file.

Shall we have any other place(other than J2EE engine) to check whether the CC has been locked or not?

Actually CC worked fine upto friday, suddenly mon day morning we got this issue.

Please advise me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the files on FTP server are in Read Only mode. File adapter will not pickup the file if in case those are in Read only mode.

Thanks

Swarup

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check if the file data format is correct.. (You can check the files before friday).. Verify the file data , along with your FCC. If you have used FCC.

Thanks,

Siddhesh Pathak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the polling interval , if its very less and in that time if many files have been pushed .....check it

Regards,

Jude