cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long the messages in SXMB_MONI stay ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SXMB_ADM, the following parameter is set DELETE PERSSIT_DURATION for ASYNC messages for 21 days,

but still I am able to see the ASYNC messages in SXMB_MONI which are more then 50 days old,

how is this possible ? we do not do any archiving of messages,is there any other parameter which

rules the duration of messages in SXMB_MONI...

Please suggest me....

The second issue is we are able to see July month messages for all the interfaces except for one interface,

and now the consultant is asking me the reason for it...

Thanking you in adance.

Our server version is XI 3.0 (SP19)

Regards

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

The messages in SXMB_MONI gets archived and deleted when you schedule the archiving and deletion jobs.

These jobs can be scheduled for each interface.

I think the archiving and deletion jobs are running for a particular interface for which you are not able to see the messages.

You can check if the archiving and deletion jobs are running using transaction SM37. The jobs will run with name ARCHIVE and DELETE

Check in SXMB_ADMIN if the interfaces and retention periods are set for archiving.

Best Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the reply, I have checked the Sm37 for delete jobs and I could find only one standard delete job

"SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_100" and I could not find any other delete which is running for that particular interface.

As said earlier in SXMB_ADMIN under the interfaces and retention periods no entry is seen, which means no archiving is in process on the server.

Please suggest me with a clue..

Thanks

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

The messages you are not able to locate for a particular interface, i suppose the delete job was scheduled at that time and may be later its removed. You can check if the messages are still getting deleted for that interface.

Also check the DELETE job log which is running.

I dont find any other observation apart from this.

Best Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

I am sorry, right now my question is (sorry for confused question)

The parameter is set for 21 days and delete job is running successfully but only HR interface messages are not getting deleted

can I know the answer for this ?

All the messages are ASYNC only, no archiving is done on server, I guess this is a global parameter and this should apply

for all the messages older then 21 days right ? is there any interface specific setting ?

Thanking you in advance.