cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODS/InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

1. I have a detailed ODS with 4 keyfields. I am planning to build a cube over this ODS without using any of the key fields. The cube I am looking has very few characteristics when compared to the ODS. I was wondering if there would be any impact on the number of records and/or data. Is there any difference w.r.t to key fields and chars in InfoCube in terms of start routine/update routine to the Cube.

2. I have a standard ODS which gets data through a delta capable infosource. Can I use the same infosource to load data into a Cube directly w/o using ODS in between. I was wondering how would the delta be handled in these 2 different cases as ODS has overwrite and Cube has addition. I am looking at FI infosource.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ace

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

I am still not clear on the 2nd point.

Can we use the delta capable infosource(one which feeds the standard business content ODS) directly to feed InfoCube.

Or do we need to use the ODS in between. How would does the delta and/or 0RECORDMODE behave if I load directly into the Cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ace,

I think it will not allow you to connect a after-image delta capable (ODS compatible) datasource directly to cube. Please try it and check, I think system will give message asking you to connect it to ODS. Please check that and confirm.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it is a std BC data model,I think it is better not to chop and change it.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ace,

Go to ROOSOURCE and check the delta type of your datasource, if it is ABR then no need to have ODS, you can load directly into the InfoCube, if not it needs to go through ODS.

Hope it helps

Regards

Sajeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ace,

1. In cube, every characteristic is treated as key, hence there will no difference in start and update routine. But, if you are not using the key fields of ODS in the cube, you need to be sure about the data. Because records which were different in ODS (due to key fields), may get added in cube if other chars are same.

2. FI datasources deliver after-image delta and hence are ODS compatible. You have to have an ODS in between. FI datasources sends only changed value and the change log table of ODS will supply the delta values to cube.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ace,

1. it makes difference in the number of entries storing in cube.

Let's take a example...

Custoemr Number Material Quanity

1000 X 10

2000 x 20

3000 Y 10

4000 X 10.

Custoemr number and Material are key fields in ods.

if you take material fileds in cube, it will create 2 entries...

Y 20.

you need to make sure while designing the Cube. It's more summarized data.

2. Delta option will be depend upon the Data Source.

you need to check RSSOURCE and RSDELTAM Tables. May be first table may wrong. Depends on the image type generating from the Data Source, it will assign to either Cube or ODS.

In the first table we need to take the data source Delta Menthod. check for values in RSDELTAM. you will possible Data Targets. that is generated based on image types Data Source is generating.

I will update the First Table.

Regards,

Nagesh.