cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex map

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the error 'The data provider for map layer "MAPLAYER_1" has no data in the rows' when creating a map via WAD.

This report has Map and table items in it. Not sure if the table item is necessary??

Can someone tell on how to resolve it?

Thanks.

Cesar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cesar,

Please check if you can attach a map for the same query in BeX Analyzer

Is the Geo relevant characteristic part of the drilldown ?

Also is the mapping field properly maintained?

Arun

Awarding points is a way of saying thank you on SDN

Message was edited by: Arun Varadarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I have loaded the software Arview and files from ERSI. My query has Geo relevant characteristic (0region, 0country) and via bex i can attach a map. When I click region, i do not see the numbers distributed by states(as in the online example), but only one big for USA.

Now my users access the queries via the web.

i am having problems to assign in WAD the table and map items together. Plus i am not sure where to put the AXL file and what to write on it(only have examples from the online docs).

Any tip / comment is appreciated.

Thanks.

Cesar

Message was edited by: Cesar DaCosta

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cesar,

The file you will need to maintain is the DBF file , do not try to change any other , the three files required are :

.shp ( Shape File )

.inx ( Index File)

.dbf ( Mapping file )

If you have ArcView , you should also have the SAP BW CD they supply along with ArcView.... see if you get the relevant data file from that...

Otherwise , the best option that has worked out for me is to mail the folks at ERI for the data file , the file they give online in most cases does not work. For the US , they have a lot of shape files which you can use.

DBF file :

Open with Excel , you will find a column called SAPBWKEY enter the values of your master data againt the description vallues given in the other files ,

save the DBF file. If you find only one column in the DBF file and nothing else , then it might not work in most cases.

Open Infoobject maintenance for the Geo relevant characteristic , click on upload files , it will ask you for the three files and upload them one by one ... this should do.

For static Geo characteristics , you do not need to install Arcview , you just need the shape files.

Hope this helps..

Arun

Assigning popints is a way of saying thank you in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Thanks. Now are you familiar with the web version for it?

Do I really need the AXL file? and where to put it?

Regards,

j_vandersterren
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Cesar,

You only need an AXL file if you want to display for example rivers, lakes, railway or roads to the map.

You do this with the help of de Web Application Designer in the AXL File (Cartography).

But this can also be solved with maplayers, so it is not neccesary.

Regards,

Jos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I created a web report which has 3 fields: region, qty and FOB. Then i added the map item. When i run this template, i see the first part with all the data; then i see the map of US below (not big) divided by the states but with no data or color. I choose 'bar' as the info display.

Now, how can i see the numbers(bar graphic) for each US state?

In the map legend, i can see the 2 KF's with different colors and the total qty as seen in the report.

Thanks for any help/tips/docs on this map creation.

Cesar