Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Controls---Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Following is my query:

I'm creating a Sales doc(ZXXX) w.r.t a billing doc(F2).

The copy controls propose a Item Category(IC)--IC1 based on item category from F2(t-code: VTFA).

However, in the normal Item Category Determination : let's say there is a IC determination for ZXXX+ Item Category Group(ICG) of the material.= IC2

Now, my questions are:

1) Which Item Category will be determined in the ZXXX document which is create w/ ref to F2--> IC1 or IC2?

2) If it's IC2, then where does the system pick up the copy control rules from i.e. pricing type/copying requirements etc..from?

Regards,

Raghu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Which Item Category will be determined

Go to VOV4, select your sale order type and check what item category is assigned under "Default Item Category". System will propose this first.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Yes agreed---> so my question is more on point 2.

where does the system pick up the copying requirements/pricing type etc..from?

Regards,

Raghu.

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rags,

Firstly If the Item category of the original order is "ZXXX" and it gets copied till billing. Why you want the system to determine different item category when copying from Billing to sales order. If you have determined item category for the same Item category group(Material) based on the sales document type. System will take this only and system takes the copy control settings of this only("ZYYY"- NEWLY DETERMINED ITEM CATEGORY). Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tnx

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this

[Read This Before Closing your Threads |;

As indicated therein, please avoid adding any unwanted comments for your old threads. It is enough if you just click the Answered button so that it wont come on top of the forum.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my point of view system checks out the setting which have made in the copy control.

If you have given proposed item category in the copy control then that will follow in the sales order.

But it should be properly assigned with the document type and item category grp.

If you have not mentioned any proposed item category then it will go to the item category determination.

Similarly for the pricing also.

If you have given the setting that same price should be copied to the sales order then new pricing wonu2019t be carried out sales order.

But if you have given carry out new pricing then new price will be determined in the sales order.

If you have any doubt then just check out by doing the appropriate setting and confirms it.

Regards

Raj.