cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0'

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m trying to install sap system on Linux platform. I declare the environment variable DISPLAY to my localhost. But I get this message error:

Java.lang.RuntimeException: invocation target exception: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.

at com.sap.sdt.util.misc.MethodCall.invoke(MethodCall.java:110)

at com.sap.sdt.util.misc.BootStrapper.start(BootStrapper.java:107)

at SDTGui.main(SDTGui.java:46)

If I want to make the remote installation from a windows Pc, what are the commands that I have to executed and which order??

I only execute ./sapinst and get the next paragraph

andromed:/media/cdrom/IM_SLM7.0/IM_LINUX_I386 # ./sapinst

extracting... done!

Starting GuiServer using:

/usr/lib/java/jre/bin/java -Xmx256M -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp ++/tmp/sapinst_exe.28816.1252900808/JAR/instgui.jar:/tmp/sapinst_exe.28816.1252900808/JAR/inqmyxml.jar SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

init: retrieving account information for group sapinst...

init: retrieving account information done.

load resource pool /media/cdrom/IM_SLM7.0/IM_LINUX_I386/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: No GUI server connected; waiting for a connection on host andromed, port 21200 to continue with the installation

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rueben,

You might also need emulator software. We use XMing which is freely available and easy to setup. Once you have that running and the DISPLAY variable set then it should work.

Cheng

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´m trying to install sap system on Linux platform. I declare the environment variable DISPLAY to my localhost. But I get this message error:

are you logged on to the graphical GUI to that box? If yes, then DISPLAY is already set correctly.

Markus

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

try to set the environment variable DISPLAY with the IP-address of the workstation you want to use. Start the X11 Window after that once more.

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

This is usually an issue with JDK installed on the server.

Please check the version of JDK whether its compatible with OS and SAP Version.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Raghu