Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f4 help with fixed domain values with select-option wd-component

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi folks,

in a wd abap application on a field with a domain with fixed values it is not possible to type like : A* pressing F4 , then an error message arises that value is out of ranges, but the result list is shown on the screen; but it is not possible to execute with this selection. n.B.: we use the select-options component for this.

in sapgui on the same field, this is possible and the system returns a list with all fixed values starting with A.

is this a bug in webdynpro abap?

This happens only with fields that have fixed domain values!!!!!

kind regards,

oliver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

I dont think its a limitation from NW, it works for me. I have a similar bp search screen in which i have a F4 for bp id, and it does work with '*'

Regards

Senon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

I have just tried it with fixed domain values and it works for me!

Just make sure that you are using the char type or string type data elements

Regards

Senon

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi senon,

this is the same we did, fixed values in a domain of type char 4

wenn i type in A* for example and then execute the select-option method the error "this value is not part of the valid values" is shown, in normal sapgui this works of course.

maybe a problem with our NW release, we use 7.0 with no enhancements on an erp6 with no enhancements.

best regards,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

I see it as when i have an entry in fixed values as DEN, i can search it with D, i get the value in F4. When i try with X, i get F4 with no values. Probably you are right i am using NW 70, in that it caould be a bug in NW 700, could not check that yet

Regards

Senon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry NW 701 I mean

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senon,

in your example:

when i insert D* i get first an error-message but the list comes correct to the screen.

but i cannot execute the search with an D* then

best regards oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ignoring the error message, can you select the item from the list?

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

yes i can select the value.

but what i want is to type just in the field D* and then execute the select-option , but then the message comes again and prevents me from do the execute of the select-option component.

thats the funny thing g

kind regards,

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds strange, it should be replacing the D* right after you select the item from the list, will try it in 700 and i hopefully can tell you a way out

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry senon,

it will replaced thats correct.

but what we want is not to press f4 just tu type in the field "D*" and then press a button which does execute our select-option

best regards

oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

ahhh I see, in that case it depends on the search module infact. You can simply remove the Input help mode in the context attribute, hence it won't cross check whether the value is present or not. And its not a bug, as it treats it as a non-existant entry. Since it happens in ABAP, i dont know whether to classify it as a bug, or desired behaviour.

Rgrds

Senon

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

hi senon,

but the funny thing is in a sapgui-transaction with the same feature in a select-option this works without any problem

regards oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

solved