Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Focus for the input ready field in table

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have few questions

1. i have table with tool bar button "add row" when i click that it will add a row with input ready field, but here i need scroll down for that, but what i need is it should automatically put the focus on it. please suggest how can i do that.

2. I have save button, when ever user enters improper input in the above input ready fields, i am giving error message, problem is it is clearing my table data at the same time, Please suggest where should i raise the error message.

3. i need two columns to be fixed in the table, while scrolling horizontally.

Please give your suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

1. You can set focus with the API IF_WD_VIEW->REQUEST_FOCUS_ON_VIEW_ELEM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/c0/800f02bb734dd9977a64a8a7e87fe3/frameset.htm

2. Sounds like you context binding is incorrect. Are you doing a bind_table with an empty internal table at some point? Just issuing an error message isn't going to clear the table. If the table has inputFields, these values are automatically restored back into your context regardless of an error. I would have to know more about your logic to comment further on that one.

3. Use the firstVisibleScrollableCol and the scrollableColCount properties of the Table UI element to control this.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have table element with two tool bar buttons 'Add row' and 'Save'.

for filling the context related to table, i am selecting data in WDDOINIT and binding data to the context node.

in the add row button code related to add a new row.

in the save button action handler , i am raising this error message when the input field in the table is empty.

i am sure there is no where i am filling empty table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you paste the code...error messages

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

can you please explain me how to set columns fixed in table using the parameters firstVisibleScrollableCol and scrollablecolcount given.

thanks.

Edited by: kranthi kumar on Sep 14, 2009 7:02 PM

Edited by: kranthi kumar on Sep 14, 2009 7:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the component for example wdr_test_table for COLUMN SCROLLING.

If you have 15 columns to be shown. Set the first 2 columns as (LEFT as fixed) and scrol count as 4.

For the first 2 columns set the property FIXED POSITION as LEFT and for table property scrollable colcount as 5.

Then you will get the scrolling adn also columns as fixed.

Regards,

Lekha.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all.. issue resolved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this normal TABLE UI or ALV element.

Is the Input field part of the column of the table.

After entreing the table data is there any button to validate.

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

yes it is normal table UI element, input field is part of table column.

Button is included in the table UI toolbar.