cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseline Date as the Document Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query on Payment Terms which we maintain in the Posting Parameters->Postings Tab page in RE-FX Lease Out Contract.

I maintain a payment term for 10 days in the RE-FX Contract.

I have maintained a Condition which is due on 1st of every month with a monthly frequency.

When i simulate the contract for planned Cash Flow, it shows me the conditions which are due to be posted on 1st of every month. Now, here is a scenario wherein I am unable to post the conditions through Periodic Posting (RERAPP) on 1st and i eventually carry out the Posting on 16th of that month. Hence I maintain Document Date and Posting date in the T Code RERAPP (Periodic Posting) as 16th of that month.

Now when i open the Customer Line Items in FBL5N, i find that the Document Date and Posting date to be 16th whereas the Baseline date to be 1st of that month. This makes the calculation of Due Date totally wrong since the system takes 1st of that month as Baseline Date and adds Payment Term days (10 days) to it and shows 11th of that month as the Net due date (which instead should have been 26th of that month.

I tried changing the definition of Baseline Date in the Payment Terms definition to Document Date but it still did not bring the desired effect.

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aroig
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In posting parameters, frequency, there is an option for due date correction. Have you checked that no shifts are made to the initial period?, I think in this case shoudl be set to "Do not correct due dates".

Hope to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I face similar problem but not involving TRM.

I've payment term set-up in OBB8 and stating default baseline date = document date.

But in FBL5N system is always retrieving posting date as baseline date. Is there any other setting prevailing over payment term definition?

Regards,

Baptiste

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to use 'Standard' in Frequency screen in the field of Due Date (+/-) and when using RERAPP make sure you have posting date and document date as start of the posting month.

Thanks

Atif