cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Faulty Source File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an issue in moving the faulty source files to a particular directory. i.e all Successfully processed files are moved to a archive directory, but the file having some data problem is not able to move to another archive directory for errors.

I.e an XML file is generated from asource system and for aparticular field the value that is passed to it is having seom special character which is not recognised in XML ex. -Ø87, which is not accepted in XML and it fails and that loads the server with the archive logs since my polling interval is 10 secs and it is not processing other files in that input directory.

So I want to move this file to another directory and continue with my processing of other files. How can this be done

Pelase help

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Besides cheking the option Archive Faulty Source Files and metion the location, you need to use MessageTransformbean.

Transform.PermanentErrors with value true/false with this option you can check the error type.

[MessageTransformBean Fauty Source files|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/57/0b2c4142aef623e10000000a155106/content.htm]

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prasanna,

Could you provide more details, do you want me use the module Parameters,

If so plz provide teh complete details as wat could be the module name, and parameter name

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

Are you using Archive faulty message with timestamps mode?

Check this Note 1265534 - Archive faulty files does not work with add time stamp mode

Regards

suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Its not working even if i remove add timestamp option for both archive faulty source file and for normal archive.

the file still resides in the same folder in ftp server. How could we handle those errors incase the file contains thespecial characters like "Ø" symbol wher the XML file doesnot get parsed properly

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya,

Are you saying that the error files are not getting archived or that they are not going into the correct archive directory (which is the error archive directory)?

as per help.sap.com

To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, set the indicator.
*A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.*

Here when the XML is invalid it will not throw any error, because it is not stuck in your communication channel.

Try to follow this link ansd try using MessageTransfomration Bean and see whether it works:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/57/0b2c4142aef623e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I am getting an Invalid XML file the error is not due to FCC or module in module processor.

Message are getting error out in CC as

9/14/09 4:29:28 PM e682a319-4de0-4ad2-3a6f-f44302a58b8c Retry interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

9/14/09 4:29:28 PM e682a319-4de0-4ad2-3a6f-f44302a58b8c Error: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.transaction.api.TxManagerException: Unable to roll back transaction: com.sap.engine.services.ts.exceptions.BaseIllegalStateException

9/14/09 4:29:28 PM e682a319-4de0-4ad2-3a6f-f44302a58b8c Error: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Application:EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE:

So how do we handle this, it creates the error messages becasue of this file alll other files coming later are also not processed.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiya,

>>So how do we handle this, it creates the error messages becasue of this file alll other files coming later are also not processed

What is the QoS of sender file adapter. Make it EO and see.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suraj

Its QoS is EO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please provide some help on archiving faulty source files (i.e invalid XML file (file having special characters which cant be directly used in XML i.e for ex. & Ø etc.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiya,

Try this before Call adapter module

Module -> AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean Local Enterprise Bean Transform

Parameter ->Transform.PermanentErrors true

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

What should be the processing sequence, because I am doing the scenario file to RFC without BPM which already has certain paramters

AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean> Local Enterprise Bean> 1

CallSapAdapter> Local Enterprise Bean>2

AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean>Local Enterprise Bean>3

Now added this AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean>Local Enterprise Bean>Transform

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiya,

The sequence should be as shown below

AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean>Local Enterprise Bean>Transform

AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean> Local Enterprise Bean> 1

CallSapAdapter> Local Enterprise Bean>2

AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean>Local Enterprise Bean>3

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suraj,

I have added the processing sequnce as given, but still i am able to troubleshoot the error (invalid XML containing special characters). How can that be handled.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam