cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application server response time problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis Gurus,

We have 6 application server in our system. One of them response time always increase some parts of the day. But this intervals are not obvious. i have checked all parameters about this server and jobs and everyhing seems normal. Can you tell me a way to check about this server and identify the occurs on it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

are these Unix application servers or Windows......?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all you have to check via transaction ST03N if the load is equally distributed between the application servers.

This can be easily done by comparing the dialog steps and response times.

There can be many reasons why an application server gets saturated.

Maybe all batch jobs are running on it ?

Maybe it receives all incoming RFC traffic because the app server is called directly from external applications in stead via a logon group.

During the day also take a look on a regular base in tcode SMLG to see how to load of the users is distributed over the different application servers, tcode SMLG and then press F5.

Success.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be many thing. I think that more information is needed. Things like operation system, hardware and so on.

But, I have seen something similar on windows server. monitor for disk usage "% disk time" if it is high then sometimes you will have a slow downs ( when the sap internal page area is full and sap is writing to the disk ). look at note 1009297.