cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied - placing a file at receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am working on a simple File to File scenario, on SAP PI Server (VM ware) on my laptop.

File is successfully processed from AE then IE , but fails at receiver side AE. Unable to put the file at a particular folder.

Says Access denied, do I need any special permissions to the Xi user or to Windows user, if so let me know how.

Even at the sender AE, it failed to pick the file the parameter is set to Delete or Set to Read Only. Works if the parameter is Archive. One more note is that am trying to pick and place at the same folder.

Thanks-

sk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is definitely your windows logon permission. The user is authorized to read the data only and not to write and delete it. You need to change the permission for performing end to end scenatio. Ask your admin to give 777 permission to your user.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratek cun please through some light on 777 permissions, How will I give these permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratek can you please through some light on 777 permissions, How will I give these permissions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Go to that folder --> right click --> properties --> security --> edit and give full control. If you other OS then please do a search in google.

Regards,

---Satish

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

777 is for chmod command in Unix.

But since you have Windows, you may right click the folder and change its properties to assign the permission.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are getting error because the used does not have Write and delete permission on that folder.

Ask you basis guy to give read/write/delete permission to that used .

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Pratek and Sveta,

It clearly says that it doesnt have Write and Delete permissions. No other basis admin present here. I need to look into it.

So please let me know how will i give the permissions, can u just through some light on 777 permissions. Suggest me if this need to posted in Other forum (NW WAS)

Thanks.

sk

Edited by: satya kiran on Sep 14, 2009 12:18 PM