Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print multiple ALV Grids with only one print dialog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report that has multiple ALV grids in splitter containers. The users want to be able to print those ALVs by pushing only one print button. I got it to work (parameter IS_PRINT and method SET_FRONTEND_PRINT before calling SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY) but I can't find a way to avoid that the printer dialog pops up for every grid I print.

I tried to use the function module approach with REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY but have the same issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Guenther

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guenther,

If you want to print multiple list on the same screen, then you can use function modules 'REUSE_ALV_BLOCK_LIST_INIT' 'REUSE_ALV_BLOCK_LIST_APPEND' and 'REUSE_ALV_BLOCK_LIST_DISPLAY'.

Regards,

Arun.

4 REPLIES 4

LucianoBentiveg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are ussually adding an extra button in status gui. From this way we can manage printing process.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Peluka,

Well, that's exactly what I am doing. Putting one central button in the app is not the problem; the issue is that the print dialog (to select the printer) pops up for every individual ALV grid. E.g. if I place 4 ALV grids on my screen and trigger their print from a central button, I am getting 4 print dialogs.

Cheers,

Guenther

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guenther,

If you want to print multiple list on the same screen, then you can use function modules 'REUSE_ALV_BLOCK_LIST_INIT' 'REUSE_ALV_BLOCK_LIST_APPEND' and 'REUSE_ALV_BLOCK_LIST_DISPLAY'.

Regards,

Arun.

0 Kudos

Thanks Arun,

This helped a lot! Didn't look into the REUSE* function modules since I normally prefer to build my ALVs via the OO method, but in this case I'll add the function module logic as a separate step just for printing.

Cheers

Guenther